Do Not Sell My Personal Information

nextbase rear window camera

Aaron Harris

Hi all,

How annoying you have your dream car for a year MK3 Focus ST and you get hit up the ***** over the weekend. 

So I am now thinking to add a Nextbase rear view camera. Just wondered if anyone has fitted one and are they any good. 

Have seen in some posts online in other cars that the wiring can interfere with the DAB radio. People must have run the power to close to the Aerial. 

Aaron

Sorry to hear about the accident.

I personally don't rate the Nextbase cameras, too many fail due to the internal battery. A much better system is the Viofo A129 duo, front and rear cam recoding at FHD @30fps. They are extremely discreet and have WiFi, support up to 256gb cards too. Also has a bluetooth record button (sold separately) which I have put on my door trim next to the window switches, saves reaching for the camera. Both files record together and when you press 'capture' both front and rear files are saved. If you add a Nextbase rear cam I don't know if this happens.

I wired the back camera down the drivers side above the headliner and have no issues with my DAB reception, I did put a couple of ferrite cores along the way though just to be sure (focus MK3.5 2017)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Sorry to hear about the accident.

I personally don't rate the Nextbase cameras, too many fail due to the internal battery. A much better system is the Viofo A129 duo, front and rear cam recoding at FHD @30fps. They are extremely discreet and have WiFi, support up to 256gb cards too. Also has a Bluetooth record button (sold separately) which I have put on my door trim next to the window switches, saves reaching for the camera. Both files record together and when you press 'capture' both front and rear files are saved. If you add a Nextbase rear cam I don't know if this happens.

I wired the back camera down the drivers side above the headliner and have no issues with my DAB reception, I did put a couple of ferrite cores along the way though just to be sure (focus MK3.5 2017)

I haven’t had any problems with the next base camera yet. The batteries always go as they are always plugged in and on charge. Bit pointless having a battery. I have got mine hardwired in so it’s always on and records on motion so as soon as I drive it starts or anyone walking past etc. 

I haven’t had any problems with the next base camera yet. The batteries always go as they are always plugged in and on charge. Bit pointless having a battery. I have got mine hardwired in so it’s always on and records on motion so as soon as I drive it starts or anyone walking past etc. 
How old is the camera? You're right they don't need batteries which is why the Viofo has a capacitor. There needs to be just a little power retained so that they can shut down correctly and not corrupt the recording.

The problem with the battery is that although it is plugged in it can still cause the whole camera to fail. If the battery fails, which invariably they do, it won't allow the camera to power up regardless of an external power source.

How old is the camera? You're right they don't need batteries which is why the Viofo has a capacitor. There needs to be just a little power retained so that they can shut down correctly and not corrupt the recording.

The problem with the battery is that although it is plugged in it can still cause the whole camera to fail. If the battery fails, which invariably they do, it won't allow the camera to power up regardless of an external power source.

My camera is about 2-3 years old now so probably doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you're pain, it wasn't my dream car, but I had a decent NextBase camera, and got hit in the rear by a car that drove off. I actually managed to drive to a roundabout, return back to the scene and get the car's reg (and get it on the front camera) as they were that bad at turning the car round (drunk?).  I've now gone for the 612GW front and 212lite rear as I checked a few and it seams the rear camera just decreased the recording quality of the front camera. The rear will just be (it's not in yet) hard wired to the rear fuse box.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I have bought a nextbase 222 for the rear. Nearly wired in run out out light this afternoon started it late. Only got the negative to connect to the metal work. Only thing is not sure there is a always on in the rear fuse box. 

Also when I took the cover at the top of the boot one of the clips has fallen inside the door. So now when I open and close the door it rattles. So annoying! Got to see if I can get it out with a magnet tomorrow. 

All wired in now. But as I stuck it to the window I then thought ***** the heat elements. The pad has gone over one of the elements. I should have cut away the sticky pad. 

Hopefully I don’t get a hot spot under the pad and when the time comes to remove the pad it don’t pull the heat element off with it. 

609E8D42-A7FF-495C-91E6-545B261E01B4.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club