Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking Washer Jets

Cruiser27

I own a Ford Fiesta zetec 1.0L Ecoboost 2017, which overall I am very pleased with......however; the car has an annoying habit! Just about every time I lift the bonnet washer fluid comes streaming out of the jets...its quite a bit too, not just a small trickle....I haven't measured it  but it is definitely a good 'mug' full each time. This has been happening continually since buying the car brand new; (the washer system has not been altered in any way). After going back to the dealer these mister jets have been replaced with genuine ford parts.......RESULT.....Still leaking; if anything worse than before!  Has anybody out there had a similar experience?.....if so I would be very grateful to hear if you have managed to fix this problem.

• Like 1

I popped my hood earlier and I noticed some water leak from the washer jets, not a mug full though.

This was on a mk8.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Son has a 14 plate and he's sick of the jets making a mess! He has an ST so every time he gives it the beans and brakes hard, the washer jets leak all over his bonnet, his car is white so any coloured screen wash staining his bonnet, the jets also leak if he opens the bonnet, it's like the screenwash doesn't all run back into the bottle but stays in the pipes.

Strangely i've a 10 plate and never had this problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mine is mk8 , every time I open the bonnet the nozzle drips a fair amout , specially if I had recently used the screenwash , I guess its a design flow rather than a faulty part, it is designed that way and will continue doing the same 😄 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

mine is mk8 , every time I open the bonnet the nozzle drips a fair amout , specially if I had recently used the screenwash , I guess its a design flow rather than a faulty part, it is designed that way and will continue doing the same 😄 

Mine does the same but only from the drivers side nozzle 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Piston Head said:

Mine does the same but only from the drivers side nozzle 

I didn't notice if it was from one nozzle or the two , may be the two but the drivers side drips more ? I don't remember actually , but anyway I guess its a design fault rather than a faulty part, water in the pipes stays there and when you open the bonnet it drips off the nozzles by the means of gravity 😄 as the nozzle has no switch to close it when not in use, I had a previous car, a Hyundai ix20, the nozzles where fitted on the black cover that is just under the windscreen, so I didn't have this problem as opening the bonnet has no effect on it 🙂 I wonder why the didn't fit it that way in the fiesta ?!!

• Thanks 1

My mk7.5 had the nozzles in the bonnet also but that didn't suffer from this problem. The mk8 has fan jet type nozzles so I wonder whether this makes a difference.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club