Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta st HELP

Andy12

Evening all, 

so I took my car today for a free health check with ford and they have come across a fault and there is also a clicking sound when turning.

Osf outer cv inner clip is loose allowing the boot to move slightly.. Needs a new cv clip to secure it

I’ve only had the car 12days purchased with a new MOT from a local dealer, so my question is do I take this back and ask them to fix the fault? 

also ford are saying car is fitted with lowered springs on the rear , yet there was no mention of this from the garage so I’ve told my insurance car is standard with no modifications.

A loose boot isn't an MOT fail as long as the grease isn't leaking out and dirt can't get in. Clicking on turning sounds like the CV joint is knackered though!  Again, not an MOT fail, but probably means someone has just fitted a new boot over a knackered joint...  If that's the case, I would want the dealer to repair it...  If it's just the loose boot you're worried about, you can put a cable tie around it to save the hassle of taking it back.

As for the lowering springs, check what colour they are...if they're anything other than black then they are lowering springs and you will need to declare that to your insurer.

56 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

A loose boot isn't an MOT fail as long as the grease isn't leaking out and dirt can't get in. Clicking on turning sounds like the CV joint is knackered though!  Again, not an MOT fail, but probably means someone has just fitted a new boot over a knackered joint...  If that's the case, I would want the dealer to repair it...  If it's just the loose boot you're worried about, you can put a cable tie around it to save the hassle of taking it back.

As for the lowering springs, check what colour they are...if they're anything other than black then they are lowering springs and you will need to declare that to your insurer.

Thanks for getting back to me, I’ve got a neighbour to take the car to his garage he’s going to check the cv joint. As for the springs they are black.

28C0CD3A-8DF5-4FC9-9F6B-1C954ECBAAF0.png

49 minutes ago, Andy12 said:

Thanks for getting back to me, I’ve got a neighbour to take the car to his garage he’s going to check the cv joint. As for the springs they are black.

28C0CD3A-8DF5-4FC9-9F6B-1C954ECBAAF0.png

Ah that's the Eibach Pro Kit, those springs are aftermarket, but they're also a Ford optional extra. 

You will need to declare those but if you say they're an optional extra it might not cost any more.  They'll be around 25mm drop if they ask.

Hi.

If you do have any issue with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club