Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Llitle Bump At Tesco's Petrol Pump

catch

Notice a neighbour running about in a body shop courtesy car back end of last week. Saw he had his own car back today, so I said A-up David, what have you been up to? Turns out he caught the curb a the pumps at Tesco's. Now not quite sure what happened, thinking he had cleared the pumps, he put some steering lock on to turn towards the exit, but ended up damaging the nearside sill and bottom of the front passenger door. It's a Jazz on a private plate but I think it's a 2005, so worth ballpark £5,500 to £6,000 at a dealers. Any how David just thought they would just us some filler on the door and spray it over, not sure about the Sill. But the garage car out to give a price, turns out new sill, and door skin, quote sent to insurance company. Insurance guy comes out to check the damage and agrees the price................£1,900..............foooooooooooooking ell

Anybody else have an.....blooming eck that's going to be expensive body repairs?

Corrr blimey! Must really like the car! :blink:

Must've been a lot worse than it sounds.

Corrr blimey! Must really like the car! :blink:

Insurance job, he pays first £100 of any claim.

Must've been a lot worse than it sounds.

But how ever you look at it, it's a new sill and door skin, how much do they cost for fannies sake. It was not involved in a high speed collision, requiring the car to go onto a body jig.

I had an old Peugeot 306 and the clutch cable broke as i was going to town, got into a car park called the RAC nice RAC man put it on a tow bar and proceded to tow it into a sign post :unsure:. Very appologetic and said they would send someone out to see how much the damage would be to get fixed. The only damage done was the near side back door had been pushed in, know this car was not in mint condition to start with so was not expecting alot, Nice man came out from their insurance company walked around the car and said would i accept £500 to get it fixed :o . I had to put on my best poker face as i only paid £400 for the car from a garage i worked at, I accepted the money and used it to go on holiday and left the door as it was :D.

Bodywork does seem very expensive to get fixed.

Bigsi40

I had an old Peugeot 306 and the clutch cable broke as i was going to town, got into a car park called the RAC nice RAC man put it on a tow bar and proceded to tow it into a sign post :unsure:. Very appologetic and said they would send someone out to see how much the damage would be to get fixed. The only damage done was the near side back door had been pushed in, know this car was not in mint condition to start with so was not expecting alot, Nice man came out from their insurance company walked around the car and said would i accept £500 to get it fixed :o . I had to put on my best poker face as i only paid £400 for the car from a garage i worked at, I accepted the money and used it to go on holiday and left the door as it was :D.

Bodywork does seem very expensive to get fixed.

Bigsi40

nice one :D

My friend (3dr corsa c) got reversed into the other day and all its done is dented the bottom of the door and the panel next to it, £1600 !!!!

My friend (3dr corsa c) got reversed into the other day and all its done is dented the bottom of the door and the panel next to it, £1600 !!!!

Jeez

Had a 1999 Focus 1.8 petrol which was written off in a head on crash whilst the wife was driving it [not her fault] but it shot her confidence to hell.

I said we will get another Focus, no way was she going to drive a car again unless it was a Volvo. So I bought a Volvo S40 2.0 Turbo Diesel. Well I was well suited went like stink, she found it intimidating because it was bigger than the Focus. So to keep her sweet, I bought front and rear DIY electromagnetic [antenna tapped to the reverse side of the bumpers]parking aids. Plus I thought @ £105 quid all in it's got to be cheaper than he pranging it. Well she was fine with the Volvo really but she pestered and pestered me about her wishing she had the Focus back So I said sod it we will get a Focus if it shuts you up, bugger me she wanted parking aids on that as well front and rear....I've got used to having them.

Luckily, £26 got me new antenna, plus you also got new Speakers wiring stick gunck and a dash switch thrown in. So I just took the parking aid ECU's out of the Volvo, when I P/X it at a dealers, no owner wont even know it's had parking aids on it.

Obliviously, does not stop folk bumping into you. But they reckon most dings peeps get is on the front and rear bumpers. It's a grand easy for a bumper replacement job at a body shop, so it's a brainer to me, plus like I say you can move em car to car for little money.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club