Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Wont Open Unless I Push Down On Right Side?

Mynamesbrett

As the title suggests; on my MK6 fiesta the boot only opens without me pressing down on the right hand side 1/10 attempts. Can anyone shed some light on a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Do you hear the boot solenoid engage when you press the boot release button? Might probably be that not engaging properly or the lock may be dodgy. 

On 1/2/2020 at 11:46 AM, zain611 said:

Do you hear the boot solenoid engage when you press the boot release button? Might probably be that not engaging properly or the lock may be dodgy. 

yeah, it always tries, just never releases.. unless i push down on the right side. 

3 minutes ago, Mynamesbrett said:

yeah, it always tries, just never releases.. unless i push down on the right side. 

I have a feeling the boot solenoid might be going. When mine was starting to go wrong there were times I wasn't able to open the boot because the solenoid struggled to contract. They are kind of cheap to get. I bought a patented new one off eBay and its proper 👍

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I have a feeling the boot solenoid might be going. When mine was starting to go wrong there were times I wasn't able to open the boot because the solenoid struggled to contract. They are kind of cheap to get. I bought a patented new one off eBay and its proper 👍

Hmm, I'll have a looky, reasonably easy to replace?

11 hours ago, Mynamesbrett said:

Hmm, I'll have a looky, reasonably easy to replace?

I wouldn't say it's hard. Just need to remove the panel behind the boot and there should be a black box which has the solenoid in it. I put some pictures up of changing mine here not far down the page 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club