Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smashed it didn't I!

Aria

Wing mirror is battered, top plastic casing is smashed. Glass is dislodged. It's also slightly dislodged from the body. Power/electrics still work. 

Is this a DIY job? Or to the garage?

20200110_152939[488].jpg

8 minutes ago, Gazcaz said:

DIY

Amazing thanks. Do I need to replace the entire thing, or just the casing? Can I pop it back in so it's flush again?

I've had this happen.   You can get a new casing.   It's not a difficult job.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I've had this happen.   You can get a new casing.   It's not a difficult job.

Thanks - what about the part at the base, where it's come away from the car?

According to DH It's a DIY job but he thinks you are going to have to buy the whole mirror rather than just the casing; apparently the tricky bit is threading the cables.

31 minutes ago, JanWebster said:

According to DH It's a DIY job but he thinks you are going to have to buy the whole mirror rather than just the casing; apparently the tricky bit is threading the cables.

Right ok! Thanks to you both. I'd rather have a go at doing it myself. Not sure where to buy the mirror from? And if I need any tools to remove bolts etc? If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it. 

Is this suitable?

Mirror.PNG

It is as simple as this. The vid is a bit dark but you'll get the drift. Watch it a few times and then have a go.

11 hours ago, Milkman said:

It is as simple as this. The vid is a bit dark but you'll get the drift. Watch it a few times and then have a go.

Thank you! Although mine are power folding, is it still straightforward? Found a guy who said he will supply, colour match and fit it for £115 which seems really reasonable? Will ask him to demonstrate how to do it for future reference (hoping I never need to know again, but hey)

If you have to replace the whole mirror when you pull the old cable out with the old mirror tie a piece of string to the end.   You can then use the string to pull the new cable into position.   I did this once and it made things so much easier.

1 hour ago, Bobr said:

If you have to replace the whole mirror when you pull the old cable out with the old mirror tie a piece of string to the end.   You can then use the string to pull the new cable into position.   I did this once and it made things so much easier.

Thank you for the tip, I'll try this!

I unscrewed the mirror to try and figure out why it won't pop back into the body... It looks like one of those metal fixtures has snapped?

81804568_703907803472544_3066786982135857152_n.jpg

Power folding or not, dismantle and reassembly will be exactly the same.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:25 AM, Aria said:

Thank you! Although mine are power folding, is it still straightforward? Found a guy who said he will supply, colour match and fit it for £115 which seems really reasonable? Will ask him to demonstrate how to do it for future reference (hoping I never need to know again, but hey)

Why not source one from a breaker and do it yourself? £115 seems an awful lot for a part that you can easily replace yourself in less than an hour for half the price and as for colour matching the Shell buy a small aerosol can that matches. As I said, power fold or not, dismantle and re-fitting procedure is the same.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club