Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 2.0 Galaxy Automatic Problem!

KirsteyJames

Hiya this is my first post so apologies if i havent done it correctly.

My mother has recently bought a 2014 galaxy automatic off eBay (after her c4 picasso had dash faults and no one knows what the problem is 🙈

Anyway first thing in the morning when she drives it will go a little bit and then cut out saying ‘Transmission Malfunction’ on the dash. She will turn the car off and start it again and the same thing happens (it usually happens 2 or 3 times). The engine management light is also on.

Then it will drive fine with no problems for the rest of the day - until starting cold the next morning. 

She took it to a garage this morning and they said there was no codes coming up so they dont know whats wrong, turned the engine management light off but it came back on again.

We have tried to contact the company they bought the car off but they arent answering calls or emails. They also cancelled the listing on eBay as if the sale didnt go through 🙈

I have searched online and cant find any similar problems. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong please?

If it's a trade sale then you need to get back to the garage you bought the car from. Kick scream threaten legal action. Whatever you need to do to get their attention. This is their problem unless you've had the car longer than a month, in which case ignore all the above aha (well you've got 1 month to inform them of the fault from purchase date on your invoice). Make sure to keep a track of all emails, diagnostic reports etc.

If the EML is coming on then there will be a fault code somewhere. Probably a Ford specific code that needs Forscan (you can do this yourself. Software is free. All you need to buy is a £15 modified Elm327 adapter from here and any old laptop). Should pay for itself after the first use.

11 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

If it's a trade sale then you need to get back to the garage you bought the car from. Kick scream threaten legal action. Whatever you need to do to get their attention. This is their problem unless you've had the car longer than a month, in which case ignore all the above aha (well you've got 1 month to inform them of the fault from purchase date on your invoice). Make sure to keep a track of all emails, diagnostic reports etc.

If the EML is coming on then there will be a fault code somewhere. Probably a Ford specific code that needs Forscan (you can do this yourself. Software is free. All you need to buy is a £15 modified Elm327 adapter from here and any old laptop). Should pay for itself after the first use.

Thank for your reply.

I did read another post saying about forscan and the ELM327, i know my dad bought a diagnostic reader before so i will check today if thats what he bought if not i will buy one (worth it for me anyway because my wifes got a fiesta zetec).

I dont know if it was a trade sale as it wasnt from a garage it was a salvage yard/ Breakdown recovery service in Liverpool. The eBay account was a personal account but bank transfer of deposit was made to company i think, and paperwork was from company. The listing said never damaged, no faults etc, im thinking maybe they turned eml off before delivering. They are not answering any emails or any phone numbers we had for them.

Are there any guides on using Forscan anywhere so i can have a go 🙊

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club