Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6 New Owner - Interior Questions

RustyFiesta

Hi all,

I'm a new car owner so please forgive my ignorance on this stuff. I've got a (used lol) Ford Fiesta 2003 3 door (rear windows non opening) Zetec 1.4L, which I believe is a MK6 (conflicting information on this)?

I've got a few misc questions regarding the car below:

I'm looking to update some of the interior and it's missing a gear gaiter plastic surround, are the gear gaiters, knobs and/or plastic surrounds from the Mk6.5 and Mk6.75 compatible?

I only have manual keys to open and start the car, is buying a remote key the only step I need to have remote function or is there need for a transponder of some kind to be fitted?

I'm looking to fit a roof rack, is there any way to fit integrated rails onto the fiesta, if not, is my only option to have two bars very close together over the front 2 doors?

Thanks for any help,

R

• Like 1

Hi, yes 2003 will be Mk6...though you can't really take any notice of the 'Mk' when buying online, it's better to look at the years listed instead.

The gear gaiter and surround are all interchangeable...you can buy aftermarket 'soft' gaiters to replace that horrible rubber thing if you prefer!

A Zetec spec car should have had remote locking as standard.  Assuming someone has just lost the remote key then yes it should be fairly simple (but not necessarily cheap!) to program in a new remote.  If the car never had remote locking from the factory then it would be a lot of work to retrofit the system with the transponder and wiring etc.

The genuine roof bars fitted into the channels on the roof, you have to cut out a small section of the rubber from the channel to do that.  You can alternatively buy aftermarket bars that just 'clip' onto the door frame but will be very close together as you say, depends what you want to use them for as to whether that's suitable or not.

I had a lollipop key which i do not like ,a local lock smith supplied me with a genuine 3 button ford flip key ,programmed and blade cut for £100.

"which I believe is a MK6 (conflicting information on this)?"  yes, known as Mk6 in UK, but known as Mk V (roman numeral 5) in other countries and on a lot of parts listings eg. eBay

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, thanks for all the helpful responses. I fit a Mk6 gear gaiter onto my mkV (Mk6 in UK 😉 ) 2003 Fiesta and it was very easy. I checked out the GEM unit and unfortunately it doesn't have remote locking, so I saved some cash there in not bothering. I had a very hard time finding bars that would definitely fit considering the rear window doesnt open, but here they are, with a picture of the fit on the back window (not perfect but seems secure):

Sturdy Durable Steel Car Roof Bar Rack to fit Ford Fiesta (2003-2007) 3 Door sold by Waxacar/Motionperformance on amazon

IMG_20200212_182902.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club