Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Focus Condensation Issue

Jswoodgate93

Hi All, after some advice please. Having massive condensation issues inside my 2012 focus. It effects all windows and even rear view mirror. The heated windscreen does clear it, eventually, but I don’t think that’s working to it’s full capacity either. I got the pollen filter changed at its service a couple weeks ago but doesn’t seem to have resolved it. All door/window/windscreen seals appear fine. There has only ever been a small patch of damp in the rear passenger footwell. 
On a separate note, as I don’t believe them to be associated, I have a headlight that’s really badly condensated too, all seals on that seem to be fine too, has anyone else had this? Will I need to replace the whole unit? 

thanks in advance. 

Is there any water underneath the spare wheel?

Water tends to get in round the air vents behind the rear bumper. Bumper needs taking off and the vents sealed up to solve it so would be the first place I would check.

• Like 1

Hi Jake,

Have a look through this thread. there's a common issue with the Mk3 whereby water gets in through the rear air vents and can make its way into the footwells of the car. I've just had the same issue and had severe condensation because of it. It's easy to check if this is your problem, theres a rubber bung on both sides of the car that you can pop out. If water pours out or the felt inside is wet then you have this same issue. Have a look through the thread to find out more. 

Kevin

• Like 1

I noticed this week my 2012 was condensation a little too easily on the inside as well, so yesterday I checked under the spare wheel and found a small in-car swimming pool (some people would pay good money for that feature!). Today I undid the plugs at the bottom of the cavities on either side behind the rear wheels and water absolutely gushed out (especially on the passenger side).

Highly recommend you look at the same and the more permanent fixes from the people above. This video does a good job highlighting what I experienced today and you might be the same.

Regarding the damp footwell, I think what happens is the water overflows from the back and goes over the back of the boot and into the passenger footwell at the rear. I did find some damp when I lifted my rear seats up, so I assume it's all related.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kevin6 said:

Hi Jake,

Have a look through this thread. there's a common issue with the Mk3 whereby water gets in through the rear air vents and can make its way into the footwells of the car. I've just had the same issue and had severe condensation because of it. It's easy to check if this is your problem, theres a rubber bung on both sides of the car that you can pop out. If water pours out or the felt inside is wet then you have this same issue. Have a look through the thread to find out more. 

Kevin

Just me or do others hate the fact that 'photofuckit' have destroyed a whole internets worth of really informative threads!!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club