Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front mats

Glynp

Anyone got an idea how I get the mats out of the car,I own a 2019 Ford Focus st line x and I can’t seem to get the front mats out of the car,it looks like you just pull them to unclip but nothing happens,I know this sounds silly but I have had other cars with a similar fixing and never had a problem removing them.

They're probably just stiff if they've never been removed before.  Might help if you can get your fingers right underneath the clip instead of trying to pull from the edges.

You need to get a screwdriver or something similar and push hard on the button while pulling the mat up with the other hand, preferably with your fingers underneath. They are the most difficult mats that I have ever removed. 

If they are fitted like the ones in my Fiesta, you turn the bars in the centre of the fixings at the rear of the mat by 90 degrees and lift up the mat from the rear. The locking bars are hard to describe really but they are like a T turnbuckle but you can only see the top bar of the T, that's the bit you turn. Hope that might help.

Have a look at this utube 

Different mat but same principle, I use a steel punch with rubber pad to hold down the centre button - get fingers are near under the mat to button, it is hard, next time mine is off I will put on some silicone lubricant.

Just get your fingers close to the holes and pull up, no buttons to press ot toggles to turn.
They are stiff but will pop off just fine.
If you still have difficulties just push a wide blade screwdriver between the plastic ring in the mat and the stud and give a twist.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club