Sign in to follow this  
Eric Bloodaxe

Road Tax changes from 1 April

Apologies if someone's posted on this already, but spotted an item on First Years Road Tax that has passed me by so far. 

Car manufacturers have until now been quoting fuel consumption figures from the new WLTP test, but CO2 figures have continued to be derived from the previous NEDC test. From 1 April they will be using the WLTP figure.

The upshot of this is that CO2 figures for many cars rise quite dramatically, putting them into a higher band for first years road tax. Example I have seen quoted is Ford Fiesta 1.5 (ST presumably) which goes from 136g/km to 158g/km which pushes up the first year VED by £320.  

Worth checking out if thinking of a new car in the next few months, could be savings for buying and registering before 1 April.

This is the reason we have just changed both of our cars, were due to change in Sep but brought it forward and probably saved a fortune. One is a 2.0tdi 4x4 Karoq and the other is a 1.5tdi A Class. They will both be going right up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk