Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Drivers (FOS) seat belt buckle

Richy4287

Hi,our nearly 2yr old ST-Line X has a problem with its Drivers (FOS) seat belt buckle, the seat belt won't click/connect into the buckle (beside the seat). Took it to Ford dealership and were told that it wasn't under warranty and they would want £146.97 inc VAT to replace it.Has anyone else had this problem?Had a look on YouTube and it looks like an easy fix(to replace).Anyone else done it?Will buckles from earlier Fiesta's be compatible?Thanking you in anticipation

No issues with mine. Not clear why that wouldn't be covered by warranty unless they believe you've damaged it? Doesn't seem to be on the list of excluded items otherwise as far as I can see?

I agree.  If a key piece of safety equipment (that's not wear and tear like brake discs and pads) isn't covered under warranty then there's something seriously wrong with the system I'd say.  I would either go back to them and ask under what grounds it's not covered, and if they stick to their guns or offer 'good will' to fix it then go to Ford UK and see what their views are. 

If a brake line or an airbag on my car failed after that amount of time I would expect it to be changed under warranty.

• Like 1

The car has a 3yr warranty as standard, what are they on about?

It's not trim!

• Like 1

I totally agree with all comments that the car should still be under warranty, maybe it was the dealer pulling a fast one as it was the Mrs who took it to them

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club