Sign in to follow this  
Nard

Got a build date - how long until Dealer gets it?

I've been given a build date of 20th Feb. Dealer is unable to give me an exact collection date. Anyone have ideas about how long it takes the dealer to receive the car from the factory? I'm not inpatient; just excited. Lol

About a month before you can pick it up after build usually. Sometimes it’s quicker, sometimes slower. 

I was told an 18 week delay (in December) for an Auto Ford Focus (last December) so, I opted for a manual!

Just now, CallMeSteven said:

I was told an 18 week delay (in December) for an Auto Ford Focus (last December) so, I opted for a manual!

That’s production time though. Once it’s built it takes about a month to get to dealer. 

I've had factory order cars that I have collected 7 days from production and some that were 12 weeks from production.

Once it leaves the plant it's in the hands of the distribution system, dealer has no control

A month is a good average. I've had 4 new Fords and that's about right each time, it's what Ford usually use for their ETAs.

Thanks for the replies. Mid to late March looks likely then.