Sign in to follow this  
Ford1776

Fiesta Mk7 Wing Mirror Confusion?

Hello everyone, 

Some ***** has knocked my boyfriends drivers-side wing mirror off his '09 Fiesta. He's upset so I'm trying to help him, but am a little confused. 

I've found out that his model is the Mk7 (I think so anyway, apparently the Mk7 is the Mk6 outside of the UK - confusing or what?), and that's lead me to this website . The only difference I can see between the two is that one is an '8 Pin 12 Hole Connector' and the other is a '6 Pin 12 Hole Connector'.

Does anyone know how I can tell which one I need? Also, any advice on where the cheapest place would be to find one? Oh, and I guess it's going to have to be colour coded so what the best route is there. 

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to help me, I'm clueless on this sort of stuff.

Search by year instead of mk, so yours will be 2008-2013.

more wires are used on power folding mirrors, 

the caps can be swapped over if that part is still intact.

More or less as said, if the mirror is power fold and heated it will have the greater number of connections in the plug. The definitive way to find out which you have is to remove the damaged mirror, which  you're going to have to anyway to replace it, and count the pins in the plug. Again, as said, the cover can be removed and re-painted with a rattle can of the matching colour.

Or you could look at the switch which controls the movement of the mirrors, if you have a switch like the one below then you have power folding mirrors

Adjustments.jpg

But if it looks like the one below then you don’t have powerfolds

Adjustments.jpg