Sign in to follow this  
JazzyJust

Dashcam and Tracker Discount

Do Adrian Flux offer a premium reduction for dashcams and trackers?

40 minutes ago, JazzyJust said:

Do Adrian Flux offer a premium reduction for dashcams and trackers?

Hi Jazzy,

Thanks for the question and I'm pleased to answer that we can indeed offer a premium reduction for dashcams - we even have an information page dedicated to the subject:-

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/dash-cam-insurance/

In the case of trackers - it does depend on whether the insurer does insist on one.  Many insurers have a minimum security requirement and often beyond that they don't discount further for having a tracker.  It's always worth asking though.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Dan

In my experience with insurers and tracking devices the majority will not offer any better cover than what anti theft equipment such as alarms and engine immobilisers is fitted at the time of manufacture, tracking devices are only considered as an aid to know approximately where a vehicle is at any time and as an aid to recovery should it be stolen.

Dash cam footage can also be ruled out by some but on the whole it can significantly help in the event of a claim and proving accident responsibility, not all insurers at present will take footage as part of approval for a claim as they cite 'video footage can be manipulated'. As Daniel rightly says, ask, if the insurer says no, look for another one.