Sign in to follow this  
Inglese Tom

Engine Number location Fiesta Duratorq 1.5TDCi 2014

Please excuse the (potentially) stupid question. I have searched but not found what I am looking for.

I need to find the engine number for my Fiesta 2014 Duratorq 1.5TDCi. I am reregistering the car in the UK. It was orignially registered in Italy. The engine number is not listed on the Italian registration document.

I have read that the engine number may be shown on a sticker on the cam cover. There is a sticker but whatever data was on it is now no longer readable (see image).

Can someone tell me where the engine number is stamped on the block and what I need to remove to be able to read it?

The engine type is UGJC I believe.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Fiesta Engine number (1)_1067x800.jpg

Fiesta Engine number (3)_1067x800.jpg

My Duratorq Mondeo hasn't got one... Well, I've never found it. Maybe they don't have a unique number any more. 

"On my Focus the engine code is the last seven digits of the VIN number."  . same on the V5 on my 2015 1.5tdci fiesta. I would feel inclined to go with that. 

Thank you for the information. If it is acceptable to use the last seven digits of the VIN that's great and saves a lot of hassle.

I think I can see the first three digits of a number stamped behind the alternator but it would be a major pita to remove the alternator and associated gubbins to read it.