Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 fiesta zetec s timing belt replacement

Legsrs

Hi guys,

I have just bought a project car, a 2009 fiesta zetec s, that need a bit of work.

it was serviced & mot’d last January (2019) & has only done a couple of hundred miles since then. It’s been sitting on a friends drive ever since.

one thing that will need to be done will be the timing belt. Is this An easy enough job for a (competent) diy.

i know that you need to buy a locking tool for the cams, but after watching videos on line it seems straight forward enough.

thanks in advance

What engine is it?

Hardest thing is having the tools for the job. Personally I'd wait till summer if you're like me and outside on the drive with axle stands. All this cold, rain and wind just isn't the weather for this type of work haha.

• Thanks 1

Hi, sorry it is the 1.6 petrol vi-vct.

i do have a garage but it would need to be in & out as my rs lives in there

On 2/25/2020 at 8:38 AM, Legsrs said:

Hi, sorry it is the 1.6 petrol vi-vct.

i do have a garage but it would need to be in & out as my rs lives in there

If you've done a cambelt before its not too bad of a job, quite straightforward. Give yourself plenty of time and double check everything. The locking tools are not expensive. Change the water pump while you're in there? And have a peep at the thermostat housing in case its weeping?

On 2/26/2020 at 10:40 AM, wild_one said:

If you've done a cambelt before its not too bad of a job, quite straightforward. Give yourself plenty of time and double check everything. The locking tools are not expensive. Change the water pump while you're in there? And have a peep at the thermostat housing in case its weeping?

Thanks, the car runs smooth so this is a job for the summer

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club