Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PSI, engine coolant and cap issue

Xkalavous

Hey guys, got some questions.

My vehicle is a Fiesta ST3 2016 model.

1. What PSI settings should I use for the wheels. I'm using pilot sport 4 at the moment on the front and rear.

2. When I top up my engine coolant how far should I fill it up if it's nearing empty (picture is after my drive. But my engine was overheating)

3. I've had this odd engine coolant cap problem now where it snaps my engine coolant cap in half forcing me to buy a new one. What could the cause of this be? I've read it's a common problem and a cheap fix as a first party cap is £10. But it's just annoying to have to replace every 6 months.

IMG_20200225_154429.thumb.jpg.d9774fef589e0511a9b90ffa5a0b9689.jpg

IMG_20200225_152152.thumb.jpg.f25191cce6d6e9b12eb42885a245ac64.jpg

Next time you put your coolant cap on smear some silicon grease around the threads.   That should cure the breakages.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Next time you put your coolant cap on smear some silicon grease around the threads.   That should cure the breakages.

Ah I didn't know that.. last time this happened a garage fixed it so do you think they didn't do this? If I top up my coolant now do you think my overheating problem will not come back?

1. Look in the handbook for the PSI pressures for your tyres. 

2. Top the coolant up with the correct concentration of water to Ford coolant. Again look in your handbook for the information. Look carefully and you will see the level marks on the side of the reservoir. Your level in the picture is way too low which could count for some of the overheating.

3. Coolant caps breaking is a common problem with sometimes some of the cap stuck in the reservoir. Do as Bob says smear  a thin layer of silicone grease around the seals etc. Make sure you have the correct Ford cap to pressurise the system. Again wrong or malfunctioning cap can cause overheating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobr said:

The rubber O rings need greasing as well.

• Like 1

You should use 32 psi all round, but look inside the front door apertures below the latch just incase the pressures are different. It will have 2 or 3 different tyre sizes and loads.

Ford have an upgrade cap but always put a smear of grease or oil on the threads of the cap and rubber seal. the reason the cap breaks is because the cap and rubber seal goes too tight and dry due to lack of use.

• Like 1

Thank you guys! I've done all these tips, back to normal. Fingers crossed!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club