Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fusion 1.4 petrol 60 plate

alan brown

hi my daughter has just bought a 1.4 fusion it appears to have an intermittent fault of showing the front passenger door open even though it is shut (  because of the fault the car will not lock ) . If you open and shut the door 3 or 4 times it corrects. im assuming its a sensor of some sort , if so can it be replaced with out taking to a garage.

Many thanks

alan   

The switch is part of the door catch and cannot be bought separately. I had mine replaced at the garage and it cost me £282.

5 hours ago, billyboy said:

The switch is part of the door catch and cannot be bought separately. I had mine replaced at the garage and it cost me £282.

Thanks Billy

I have had a similar intermittent problem - '60 plate Titanium.

I have kept it at bay by spraying contact cleaner around the door lock mechanism, and exercising the lock by "shutting " it using a screwdriver shaft, and opening by using the door handle a number of times.  This has enabled me to lock the car when it is playing up.  You may also get the alarm going off, if it suddenly thinks the door is open !

Bill is right though, only permanent solution is a new door lock.  Possibly DIY, but you will probably need a five point Torx security bit to unbolt the lock.

A breakdown of the bill, £ 165.89 for the lock,  £69.75 for labour and  £47.17  V.a.t.

The reason why I took it into the garage was because I wanted it doing quick as I couldn't lock the doors and the alarm kept going off in the middle of the night.

I'd been flooding it with WD40 and jiggling it about for a couple of days but it didn't work.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club