Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 Maps update - not very bright?

Nchesh

Hi

I've read some of the topics relating to updating the maps on Ford Sync 3 system, and I am still confused by the whole issue, hence the not very bright comment. I have a Ford Fiesta Zetec 2017, although registered in 2018.

I have successfully updated the Sync 3 to version 3, however the maps as far as i can see are still on version F6, these have not been updated when the sync happened, I successfully sent the log file back too. Is there another step which is missing or do they contact you later with the maps update, do you have to request it separately?

I know this has been discussed before but I am still struggling to understand where the ma update comes from or whether I am missing the part of the process?

Any help on this would be gratefully received.

Regards

Neil

It can take several days for the log file to be registered on the Ford server. After that if there is a Map update available for your vehicle it a further download should show up when you check back in at the update website. You just have to keep checking on a  daily basis.

Ok thanks for your help, its so unclear on the website, ill check back in a few days. I have been told by ford that there is an update coming soon.

I updated to sync 3.0 yesterday but cant find a log file on my usb drive any ideas what the file looks like or is named?

32 minutes ago, Morty1977 said:

I updated to sync 3.0 yesterday but cant find a log file on my usb drive any ideas what the file looks like or is named?

Its your VIN (or contains it) and is an XML file.

If it didn't get generated there is a link on the Ford sync update page that lets you download just the log file generator part to try again.

• Like 1

Ah cheers mate I'll have a look

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Its your VIN (or contains it) and is an XML file.

If it didn't get generated there is a link on the Ford sync update page that lets you download just the log file generator part to try again.

Yeah found the update on my usb now to update the maps! Cheers pal

• 2 weeks later...