Sign in to follow this  
Paul Rickett

Immobiliser fault service required

I own a Ford Focus 1600 tdci eco on a 2012 plate. 46,000 on clock. Keyless start. Serviced last year. No problems until now. Vehicle was left standing for 3 weeks whilst on holiday. 
Fob opens and closes doors, all electrics work, lights etc. However the vehicle will not start. Error on dash Immobiliser fault service required. I have had a key expert with his diagnostic equipment test and re programme another key to no avail. I have disconnected the battery and left for 25 mins still the same. The battery is working at 70 percent Ish. Vehicle towed to a Ford garage and they are unsure of the problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
paul

Have u tried entering with the spare key? 

If you haven't changed the key fob battery it might be worth trying a new good quality one. It might be a cr2032 type. A low battery might still open the doors but might cause problems starting. They should be changed every 5 years.

I have tried everything. The Dealership thinks it could be the PCM or BCM. I have researched both and it doesn’t appear to match the symptoms. As stated there was nothing wrong with the vehicle before I left it standing for 3 weeks. To me , a complete novice I must add,  I would have thought it was something to do with the battery but the dealership says it’s fine.