Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford fiesta mk6 zetec s noise in reverse sometimes

Arkhangelsk1989
聽Share

Hello, my car is making a grinding/whiring noise when I'm reversing. The car goes into reverse with no problem but as soon as I start moving and bringing the clutch up it makes a noise. It doesn't stop me from reversing and it all works properly but that noise is there but it's occasional. Sometimes it does it and then other times it doesn't. The noise goes as soon as I put the clutch down. This only happens in reverse. All the other gears are brilliant with no noises.聽

Any help will be appreciated 馃憤馃徎

Does it do it at a certain temperature? Always whilst riding the clutch and not when the clutch is fully up?聽

Would think as it's moving something with the shafts or clutch release bearing but not fully sure

• Like 1

It sounds like clutch 'woop' if it only happens when you're slipping the clutch as Zain suggests.

It's not actually a problem, just a bit annoying!

If you can find a large empty car park you can lift the clutch fully in reverse and it should stop making the noise.

• Like 2

Hello, only just seen the replies, I will try this later and if the noise goes then brilliant. It only happens sometimes and just above the biting point when the car is moving. It doesn't stop the car reversing it's just a loud rubbing noise that is quite annoying 馃ぃ馃く

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club