Sign in to follow this  
Morty1977

Windscreen washer sorted

There was no water coming out of my 67 plate focus windscreen washer managed to get the pump out and the filter was a right mass of sticky slime!! Works a treat now!

20200531_130318.jpg

I would recommend that even if you use pre-mixed wash fluid, adding a pint of water will thin it down a bit without really reducing the effectiveness but will help to avoid clogging and sludge.

With concentrated wash add an extra pint too, your wash pumps will work far better.

I add some distilled vinegar at times so that any scale is dissolved (also beneficial against salt smearing in winter).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lol, definitely one to avoid then! 

Surprised a Michelin product would do that but I reckon the 'rain shield' is some sort of wax that's separated out and sludged at the bottom.

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

........I add some distilled vinegar at times so that any scale is dissolved (also beneficial against salt smearing in winter).

If you use distilled water to mix with the screen wash you don't have to ad distilled vinegar

If you use distilled water to mix with the screen wash you don't have to ad distilled vinegar
Maybe, but you don't get that "I've had chips" smell

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk