Sign in to follow this  
Bruce, Bromley

Roof bars for Fiesta Mk7

Can anyone tell me how to fit roofbars to a Mk7 Fiesta ? Do they fit on the roof gullies ? or inside the doors ?

Check top of door frame genuine ford bars may fit in the gully and the door, on my S-Max there is a slot in the door frame to ensure in is fitted in the right position

103211809_10157782784598375_3613246974771096489_n.jpg

102416226_10157782758848375_4855538099397718878_n.jpg

On 6/7/2020 at 11:57 AM, Bruce, Bromley said:

Can anyone tell me how to fit roofbars to a Mk7 Fiesta ? Do they fit on the roof gullies ? or inside the doors ?

Have you definitely got a Mk7 and not a Mk7.5? I note the 2014 date in your details...

The reason I ask is that at some point Ford dropped the screw-in attachment for roof bars and I'm sure it might've be around the Mk 7 / 7.5 switchover (2013?). I think it was due to the risk of water ingress once the bolt holes had been used. Later models now don't have them and so roof bar attachment is via clamping. I wouldn't want you ripping the roof strips off your car only to find there's nothing underneath them!

For what it's worth I've got a pair of clamp-on Cruz Airo T aluminium bars and have found them excellent. I did consider thule but they were more expensive, bulkier and have a lower weight rating so didn't see any benefit despite them normally being my go-to brand.

I have a thurl set and I would go for the Cruze set if I was in the market now as they take 60kg over 40kg of the thurl set and are cheaper. The way to look at it is you can carry a light load on a Cruze set but can't carry a heavy load with a thurl set.