Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot light question

jsk

My car is a Mk8 Titanium and this really is a general interest question. After doing a bit of internal cleaning on my car yesterday I left one of the rear seat backs in the folded done position. A couple of hours later I went back out to the car and as I unlocked it the boot light came on with the courtesy lights. As the courtesy lights dimmed and went out so did the boot light. Just wondering why in their wisdom did Ford do this? Can't see any practical reason as seat backs are up most of the time. Before anyone asks, 'yes the boot was shut'.

It would be rather unpleasant for kidnap victims if the courtesy light in the boot didn't come on and give them some warning of activity when the kidnapper was about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A couple of hire cars I had in USA had an emergency boot release inside the boot which was luminous just in case someone was to bundle me in to the boot (or should i say trunk) of my hire car 

• Like 1

A couple of hire cars I had in USA had an emergency boot release inside the boot which was luminous just in case someone was to bundle me in to the boot (or should i say trunk) of my hire car 
Says more about the state of society in America than anything else.
Also most Americans don't drive hatchback cars, they more likely have saloon versions.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I think it's a good idea as it does no harm and it keeps the manufacturing costs down instead of the expense of having separate wiring.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club