Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Get Rid Of Rust

fiesta_lad

Hi all just wondering can anyone give me a step by step guide and what stuff i need to get rid of rust on my fiesta please ive added a picture is this something i could do myself or is it a job for the bodyshop also if i can do it myself is it easy. cheers alan.

100_2139.jpg

Hi Alan

Iam Afraid the only way of removing that rust is to Cut it out.

If you go prodding it you will make a hole which will let water in.

Can you weld and are you good at fabrication of metal pieces.

The location of your rust suggests to me years of stones and chips from the paint which is not your fault.

Jamie

Hi Alan

Iam Afraid the only way of removing that rust is to Cut it out.

If you go prodding it you will make a hole which will let water in.

Can you weld and are you good at fabrication of metal pieces.

The location of your rust suggests to me years of stones and chips from the paint which is not your fault.

Jamie

Gutted never done welding before in my life that the thing that was worrying me if i started to play around with it myself it would make it worser glad i never thanks anyway.

Hello Alan

Dont Despair.

Do you have any friends or relatives with welding skills.

Iam sure there will be someone on this board near you who may take on this work at a reasonable cost.

Jamie

I had some like that on my car. It's more than likely surface rust, so no holes should appear

I chipped off the bubbled paint and sanded the area down until bare metal was showing

get yourself some metal filler and spread it across the bare metal making the surface smooth

spray with primer, then spray with the colour. Lacquer afterwards.

bear in mind i did this to my 12 year old car which makes it alot more forgiving to mistakes i make, if you're driving a newer car you might want to get it done properly. :)

Hello Alan

Dont Despair.

Do you have any friends or relatives with welding skills.

Iam sure there will be someone on this board near you who may take on this work at a reasonable cost.

Jamie

Don't know no one jamie that can do welding is crazy i had a 17 year old clio has my first car not one spec of rust on it get this one and its got rust well that fords for you :D

Give sanding it ago and post the results in pictures and we will take a look but we take no responsibility for what might be underneath.

But in my experiance of rust having owned a morris minor and the mg midget i own bubbling paint indicated rust from the inside or penetration from the outside.

Jamie

Give sanding it ago and post the results in pictures and we will take a look but we take no responsibility for what might be underneath.

But in my experiance of rust having owned a morris minor and the mg midget i own bubbling paint indicated rust from the inside or penetration from the outside.

Jamie

I was going to sand it down when the weather got abit warmer but after what you said could leave a hole and let water in iam haveing second thoughts now :lol: if i do get the balls to sand it what sort of sanding paper would i need. cheers mate alan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club