Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Android Auto

Tony Smith

Had my Ford Kuga for just over a week now, and  i have started to get familiar. I have started to try Android Auto, and Spotify works fine. The main reason for Android Auto was to get the use of maps,

I favour Waze, but i cannot get the sound to work. Equally i tried Google Maps, and no sound of that also. I connect via USB, and i have also tried bluetooth, and that does not work either. Any ideas would be most welcome or similar problems. It is a 2018 Sync 3, if that is of any help.

Thanks

Just a few ideas (some of these sound dumb sorry). The sound isn't muted/turned off on the app or on the sync screen for directions? Also if you set up a route try turning the volume up when you think the navigation would be giving you commands as the Sync system has different audio volumes that can only be changed when certain things are coming through the Speakers... E.g. Push to talk function volume can only be changed when the vehicle is asking you for a voice command and the caller volume can only be changed when in a phone call. Hope this helps 👍

• Thanks 1

Hi Tony,

You arent doing anything wrong, at the moment there is a problem with Android Auto which Google are aware of and are currently trying to fix.  Directions and alerts arent being heard from either Waze or Google maps, so hang in there and an update should be with us soon I hope.

In the meantime, the only option is to make sure that in Waze (load up on phone), set the sound to play through phone speaker.  That way, when you connect to the car, the map will be on the Sync Screen, but you will hear directions through the phone.

Hope this helps for now.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SgtAWilson said:

Hi Tony,

You arent doing anything wrong, at the moment there is a problem with Android Auto which Google are aware of and are currently trying to fix.  Directions and alerts arent being heard from either Waze or Google maps, so hang in there and an update should be with us soon I hope.

In the meantime, the only option is to make sure that in Waze (load up on phone), set the sound to play through phone speaker.  That way, when you connect to the car, the map will be on the Sync Screen, but you will hear directions through the phone.

Hope this helps for now.

Huh did not know this, I knew there was an issue with answering and ending calls using Android auto but nothing to do with maps. Thanks 👌

44 minutes ago, SgtAWilson said:

Hi Tony,

Hope this helps for now.

Thank you for your help.

You have saved me a lot of time and effort trying to solve this issue. Oddly enough the idea of using the car screen for viewing, and the phone for the sound, had entered my mind. At the moment i am in the process of updating the maps on the car. I have downloaded the file to a stick,and need to install it. i think it is quite a long process, so i need take a journey somewhere.I do not know how well the cars Sat Nav performs, hence the idea of waze, just in case. 

Meanwhile once again thank you, and i will wait and if and when we get a update.

Tony

1 hour ago, MasterTechTip said:

Just a few ideas (some of these sound dumb sorry). The sound isn't muted/turned off on the app or on the sync screen for directions? Also if you set up a route try turning the volume up when you think the navigation would be giving you commands as the Sync system has different audio volumes that can only be changed when certain things are coming through the speakers... E.g. Push to talk function volume can only be changed when the vehicle is asking you for a voice command and the caller volume can only be changed when in a phone call. Hope this helps 👍

Thank you your help and ideas. It looks like we are going to have to wait for a fix .

Tony

No problem.

Yes, the Ford Map update takes about 1.5 hours to do, so a long drive is a good idea.

The onboard SatNav works quite well I find, the only added bonus with Waze is that it is more accurate with traffic conditions and where there are hold-ups or accidents, etc.

When it comes to the update, it says about 30-40 minutes for the first part, then leave the car lock it, and wait for a couple of minutes then resume to part 2. Do you know what happens if after doing the first part, does it matter about the time scale to move to part 2. 

• 4 weeks later...

Even though there hasnt been an Andriod Auto update, the Waze voice direction is back working again.  Not sure if you others have found this too?

Yes mine is working all of a sudden

On 8/15/2020 at 10:04 AM, SgtAWilson said:

No problem.

Yes, the Ford Map update takes about 1.5 hours to do, so a long drive is a good idea.

The onboard SatNav works quite well I find, the only added bonus with Waze is that it is more accurate with traffic conditions and where there are hold-ups or accidents, etc.

I have not managed the 1.5 hour drive yet. But it appears it is 30 minutes or thereabouts, then a hour. Do you know if it is possible to do this in 2 stages, with a large gap before proceeding to stage two.I have drives planned, but none of them for 1.5 hours. 

Im afriad I dont know the answer to this one. 

Can anyone else help?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club