Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying Rattle!!

Gingerbloke

Hi, I have a 2006 Ford Fusion which has an extremely annoying rattle which I have traced to the drivers seat. It appears to be coming from the left hand side near the hinge of the seat, where the back adjustment knob is located. I have taken off all the cheap plastic housing in that area and checked all the metal framework and fittings which appear to be tight.

This is driving me round the bend, so has anyone else had a similar noise and if so, how the hell did you fix it!! :wacko:

Hi, I have a 2006 Ford Fusion which has an extremely annoying rattle which I have traced to the drivers seat. It appears to be coming from the left hand side near the hinge of the seat, where the back adjustment knob is located. I have taken off all the cheap plastic housing in that area and checked all the metal framework and fittings which appear to be tight.

This is driving me round the bend, so has anyone else had a similar noise and if so, how the hell did you fix it!! wacko.gif

sometimes its due to the seat not clicking into place right pull it forward then make suer it clicks back into place

sometimes its due to the seat not clicking into place right pull it forward then make suer it clicks back into place

I have pushed the seat back as far as it will go to no avail but I didn't think of pushing it all the way forward. I will give it a go this evening. Fingers crossed!

Had a similar problem on my Mondeo, might be worth a check(drives you completely batty I know!)... ok raise the seat to its highest setting, then get an assistant to sit in it....looking under the seat with a torch from the rear footwell,as they get out watch the bar that links the two sides of the seat frame together, part of the height adjustment mechanism near the middle/rear of the seat....there is a 'D' shaped end to this bar which wears slightly and can pop out of position, and upon inspection with no load can appear to be tight and no problem at all, only when the seat actually has weight in it does the problem seem to arise..... if this is the problem a couple of washers usually solve the problem, used as packing behind the bolt on the end of the shaft. Check also the passenger seat, as this can cause rattles which can apear to emanate from the drivers too!. good luck you may well need it!

Right, I've traced the rattle to it's source and it's a bit tricky. It appears to be coming from the seatbelt socket attached to the seat. It's sounds like something plastic rattling about inside and lord knows how it got there. Can they be opened without damaging it?

Right, I've traced the rattle to it's source and it's a bit tricky. It appears to be coming from the seatbelt socket attached to the seat. It's sounds like something plastic rattling about inside and lord knows how it got there. Can they be opened without damaging it?

tidiont know i dont think thay are easy to open simply because of what they do you could remove one from a breakers yard i doubt it would be more than 10 quid and just swap them over then you can tinker with the old one as if youre like me the rattling will get on youre nerves completely as you can see its a very simple job to swap over

Wahey, it's fixed!! I pulled everything off the drivers seat that I could and got my wife to hold the seat belt buckle still while I moved the seat backwards and forwards. Guess what? The rattle was still there!! Damn! So, I laid down in the footwell behind the seat and got the wife to move the seat backwards and forwards and just by chance, I spotted a pound coin had fallen between the frame on the seat and the runners attached to the floor. When I say fallen, I suspect it had been pushed in by a child of the previous owners because there was no way it could fall in. So, rattle gone and I'm a pound up on the deal!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club