Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any idea what MK my fiesta is?

JayRob
聽Share

Heya, I鈥檝e had my fiesta four years and it鈥檚 been on all sorts of adventures with me 馃槀 it鈥檚 now time to start looking for a timing belt for it. Only problem I鈥檓 having is I don鈥檛 know what MK it is? My lass thinks it鈥檚 a mk7 as that鈥檚 what eBay put it as, but if I use other websites it comes up as a mk6. So I鈥檓 not entirely sure... (not sure if it matters when it comes to a timing belt kit but better safe the sorry) it鈥檚 a 2012 1.4 TDCI Zetec. I鈥檒l add a picture hopefully that will help identify it? 馃槀

5D245A84-B95A-410F-AAF7-1C83532A2C7E.jpeg

7EAAA627-3691-4EC0-AAD5-FC55724EFC3C.jpeg

In the UK a 2012 plate is a Mk7 (2008-2012). UK car parts retailers should be able to get the correct belts etc.聽

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JayRob said:

My lass thinks it鈥檚 a mk7 as that鈥檚 what eBay put it as, but if I use other websites it comes up as a mk6.

Yes, it's a Mk 7 as far as the UK is concerned, confusion arises as some markets call it a Mk 6. Everyone was in synch through the Mk 1,2,3 and 4, the problem arose when the Mk 4 was very heavily facelifted to become what we refer to as the Mk 5, other markets called it a Mk 4 facelift so they're now one behind the UK.

(Similar thing happened with the Mondeo I think, where we called the heavily facelifted Mk 1 a Mk 2, and other markets didn't.)

PS Your car looks very smart, James - is that colour "fashionista? It's a good idea to cover at least part of your numberplate when posting pics btw, sadly you never know who's looking.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, it's a Mk 7 as far as the UK is concerned, confusion arises as some markets call it a Mk 6. Everyone was in synch through the Mk 1,2,3 and 4, the problem arose when the Mk 4 was very heavily facelifted to become what we refer to as the Mk 5, other markets called it a Mk 4 facelift so they're now one behind the UK.

(Similar thing happened with the Mondeo I think, where we called the heavily facelifted Mk 1 a Mk 2, and other markets didn't.)

PS Your car looks very smart, James - is that colour "fashionista? It's a good idea to cover at least part of your numberplate when posting pics btw, sadly you never know who's looking.

Thanks for the help. How would one delete a picture? 馃 kinda new to this.聽

8 hours ago, JayRob said:

How would one delete a picture? 馃 kinda new to this.聽

Not great at these things myself, but, iirc, you can delete it while the Edit option is still showing below your post. Click Edit, a little yellow.dustbin should be visible in the corner of the pic, click on that and save your edit.

12 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

PS Your car looks very smart, James - is that colour "fashionista?聽

Ah, it is Fashionista!聽 I thought it looked a little different to Lunar Sky when I saw the post yesterday...can't say I'd even heard of it before, was it a Fiesta only colour?聽聽

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

can't say I'd even heard of it before, was it a Fiesta only colour?聽聽

Morning Tom! My Mrs was very taken with that colour when we bought her Mk 7, but we went for white in the end 'cos it was free then and we're from Yorkshire, after all! I've not seen many in that colour, and only on a Fiesta, so you could be right on that.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club