Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High engine temperature message

Curtnis

Hello, sorry if this isn't the right place but I was wondering if anyone could help on a recent issue with my partners car. 

It's a fiesta zetec 55 plate, she had just left work and it stalled and wouldn't start and the message on the dash saying high temperature after only just starting it. It's only just have a service and mot last week and passed fine no issues other than central brake line which was sorted. Tried a new battery, same issue, even from cold its still saying high temperature. Rechecked all liquid levels are fine.

Any insight to what I could look at next would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

If the temperature goes high straight away when the ignition is turned on it could be a faulty sensor or possibly a bad wire.

Unplug the sensor connector and connect it to a new one. Turn the ignition on and the temperature should read low. If it does then put the new sensor in the car, needs a 19mm spanner, do not over tighten it. Change it when the engine us cold.

If the new sensor reads high it could be a broken wire of poor connection. 

A bad sensor reading high will make starting the car difficult.

Screenshot_20200916-080633_Chrome.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club