Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 1.4Tdci Turbo

chris f

Please help :o

I have a 57 plate 1.4 TDCI, Does anybody know if like on the older petrol turbo's if there is a nut/ screw on the back that you can adjust the boost.

I have lots of fun when driving and would like just a litle more power with out having to spend £100's on remapping as not a lot of spare cash at moment.

Also would a turbo from a scrapped 1.6 fit would in have to be from another fiesta or would a Foucs unit fit.

Thanks for the help look foward to any replys.

Chris

The Fiesta uses a fixed geometry turbo, while the Focus uses a variable geometry turbo. So while they could potentially be interchanged, I would imagine that you would need a custom remap regardless. Which isn't all that cheap ...

Even if the Fiesta 1.6 diesel turbo bolts on (in the event it's actually different - I don't know), you'd likely need a remap to get the engine working correctly.

The Fiesta uses a fixed geometry turbo, while the Focus uses a variable geometry turbo. So while they could potentially be interchanged, I would imagine that you would need a custom remap regardless. Which isn't all that cheap ...

Even if the Fiesta 1.6 diesel turbo bolts on (in the event it's actually different - I don't know), you'd likely need a remap to get the engine working correctly.

youre talking about adjusting the boost unless you want that 57 plate car lying at the side of the road with a blown engine you dont fiddle with boost it requires proper set up on a dyno to be done or you will and i know ive done it blow the engine to hell the fault would be traced to the boost youde get not a penny fr0om the insurance if you want power then the only reliable way is pay to have it remapped saving 200 quid will cost you a lot more if you fiddle with these things

Ok thanks a lot i will leave well alone on that!↲Time to start saving the pennies, does anybody know is a re map or plug in the best way to go? Also what is the best one to go for? ↲Again thanks for the help.↲↲↲Chris

Ok thanks a lot i will leave well alone on that!↲Time to start saving the pennies, does anybody know is a re map or plug in the best way to go? Also what is the best one to go for? ↲Again thanks for the help.↲↲↲Chris

To be honest with you, the gains to be had on the 1.4 TDCi are quite limited - I personally, would keep the cash for something else. But what you choose to do, is of course, up to you!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club