Do Not Sell My Personal Information

locking issues

tomshepp

I collected my Fiesta from the Vauxhall dealer today. 2017 Ecoboost  Titanium with only 11080 of the advertised 10125 miles on the clock! I like it a lot but ETIS tells me that it has keyfree which does not work and one of the two keys I was provided with this morning is inert. I swapped the batteries over and it is still inert but will start the engine from the backup position so it passes the immobiliser. I cannot find any info about resetting it all and would prefer to fix it myself if I can rather than start dealing with the dealer. Can anybody suitably Hogwarts qualified provide any useful ideas, please?

Thinking this through a bit, I need two functional transponder keys in order to programme a third. One only works in the backup position but the other one is fine. I wonder if it is possible to clone another key as two admin keys will have been recognised by the system?

Sounds to me like the key needs reprogramming, why it's no longer recognised by the car is a bit strange. Might be worth double checking the part number on the keys are the same, should be underneath the back cover where the blade is.

If they're the same then just a reprogramme should do it, if not then question the dealer you bought the car from why it's the wrong key

Thank you. I suspect it could be reprogrammed and will try it but I checked the Warranty document and it is not excluded so I may get a new one.

I cannot find any definitive information about reprogramming the fob. I suspect it is not in the public domain. Dealer has not returned my calls yet so if no joy by Monday lunchtime, it will have to be dealt with by Network Q.

The dealer will reimburse me the £273 for the new key, all programmed and cut. It occurs to me that as I will have two admin keys and three cut ones, it might be a good idea to buy another fob and program myself a third key.

The 2013 Fiesta I had came with 2 keys.   One had buttons and the other was just a key.   I put the spare in a safe place and, some weeks later, lost the main key.   Fetched the spare key and it didn't fit.

10 hours ago, tomshepp said:

The dealer will reimburse me the £273 for the new key, all programmed and cut. It occurs to me that as I will have two admin keys and three cut ones, it might be a good idea to buy another fob and program myself a third key.

Glad you got it sorted!

I suppose if you really wanted a third key 😂 the blade itself is only worth a few pounds the main price is the fob.

I think that the cutting of the key is the issue as it cannot be done onsite but the supplying dealer asked for the whole lot, even though I already have a cut key. I would have been happy with a programned fob.

I can buy an aftermarket fob for £20. With two admin keys in the car, I can sync it to the car. With a spare cut blank, I can have an extra key.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club