Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 fiesta 1.25 idle problem

1157jonboy

Hi folks, I need to pick your brains about a idle problem. The car used to start up straight away and idle without touching the throttle. Occasionally it’s not been doing it and just dies. I had a look under the bonnet and noticed the crankcase breather pipe was split under the inlet manifold. I’ve just replaced it and now the car will not  idle at all! I took the pcv valve out and cleaned it as it was dirty but still no good. I took one end of the pipe off and the car idles at 2000 rpm! Not sure what to do next, please advise if poss. Cheers

The engine needs more air to idle. Is there a load of gunge in the throttle body that is blocking the small amount of required air when it is closed?

Cheers Tom, but it seems to be ok now. I managed to nurse the throttle so that it idled on its own  then put everything on and left it idling for just over 10 mins. I read on the forum that the ECU needs to re learn the idle settings so I gave it a  try and all seems ok now.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club