Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Key?

wiggster

Hi, Ive just bought a 2014 Fiesta, It was stolen recovered so The key given to me is programmed to start car But key won't work in the door lock. (a problem as the battery was flat)

Question ;  can I get a new key from dealer cut via chassis number or do I need to change the lock with a new key?

Not easy to answer without knowing more.  Does the car start on a button or does the key need to be put in and turned?

Does the key have buttons on it and if so, do they work the locking system if the battery is charged?

It seems as though the key you have is made to fit a replacemnt ignition system so the door keys will be different which is why it won't work. A locksmith can almost certainly cut a key for the door but you might find that buying a lock set for the doors might be cheaper.  It would be wise to have another key for the ignition, as well but a full set that does everything will be quite an expensive undertaking.

Hi Tom.

Car is Titanium X . Its keyless push button start. The key fob is coded to the vehicle so will open and allow car to start.

The key that allows manual entry if there's a problem does not fit the lock hidden on drivers door handle

This is clearly a keyfob from another car that is coded to fit this one. I just need the metal key bit to fit the lock on the door.

Or do I need new barrel with matching key. ?

The blade may be a problem as you do not have a master  to copy. I do not expect Ford to keep records as I have had to take blades to dealers for copying but a locksmith tells me that there are only a few combinations. I would ask Ford and if they cannot provide a key, as I expect, would then find out the cost of a barrel and blade before asking a locksmith if he can provide a cut key

A good locksmith will be able to make you a key.   I had a similar problem once and my Ford dealer sent a guy in a large van who inerted tools into the lock and was able to cut a new key.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club