Nowler

2020 fiesta TPMS help

Hi everyone

the wife has a fiesta st-line x 140 that was new in January.  We need winter tyres where we live and normally have a set of winter wheels and tyres for our cars.

ford have 20% off their alloys so the plan is a set of 16” rims and some winter tyres, all good so far!

however, what is the story with tpms that are compatible?  It seems a minefield and my tyre fitter and rural ford dealer isn’t really clued up.  I see ford ones on eBay but don’t know if they need programmed?any help/advice would be very much appreciated!

thanks in advance

del

Your ford dealer should be able to obtain the correct tpms sensors from your cars reg or chassis number. Sellers on eBay another good source once you know the correct part number. There are a few different ones that look alike so be cautious on eBay . They will need programming as you car shows the individual pressures for each wheel. That can be done by your ford dealer or programming devices can be bought on eBay for around £20 or less. 

On 10/4/2020 at 12:32 PM, Nowler said:

Hi everyone

the wife has a fiesta st-line x 140 that was new in January.  We need winter tyres where we live and normally have a set of winter wheels and tyres for our cars.

ford have 20% off their alloys so the plan is a set of 16” rims and some winter tyres, all good so far!

however, what is the story with tpms that are compatible?  It seems a minefield and my tyre fitter and rural ford dealer isn’t really clued up.  I see ford ones on eBay but don’t know if they need programmed?any help/advice would be very much appreciated!

thanks in advance

del

I ordered my steel wheels and snow tyres for my smax from mytyres. They come with the tyres and sensors already installed on the wheels, all I had to do was fit the wheels, do a reset and on my way. From what I can see, looks like you have the choice of a 15” steel or a 16” steel wheel. They do alloy wheels with winter tyres as well. 

I recently replaced my ford 18 inch alloys with bola b1 alloys and the TPMS system on the car still works with them, you don’t have to have attachments in the tyres themselves as far as I know, mine works fine and is pretty accurate as I’ve tested it with a calibrated air pressure gauge when I got the prompt on the dash board about the tyre pressure,

so you might be luck enough and not need it. Hopefully this helps you out.