Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford zetec trike

Jamesfollett

Morning all 

I’m after some help and guidance. 

I have a 2013 boom trike that has a Ford zetec 1.6 engine build. 

Every time I’m out on a ride it goes into a sort of limp mode When I hit 5000rpm.  and then it just revs on and off at a 1000rpm turn the trike off and back on it clears it and rides fine until I hit 5000 again! 

when I hit the 5000 it can be riding it fast or building the revs up slowly it still does it. 

I can’t plug it into a diagnostics as the ecu is German made  and when connected it only comes up in German language and can’t read any fault codes so I’m told by the main dealer of the trike. 

This is  about as much info as I have at the minute and I haven’t replaced any parts as I just don’t know where to start so any help would be hugely appreciated.  

apologies if I have started this topic in the wrong area I’m just new to all this 

10 hours ago, Jamesfollett said:

Morning all 

I’m after some help and guidance. 

I have a 2013 boom trike that has a Ford zetec 1.6 engine build. 

Every time I’m out on a ride it goes into a sort of limp mode When I hit 5000rpm.  and then it just revs on and off at a 1000rpm turn the trike off and back on it clears it and rides fine until I hit 5000 again! 

when I hit the 5000 it can be riding it fast or building the revs up slowly it still does it. 

I can’t plug it into a diagnostics as the ecu is German made  and when connected it only comes up in German language and can’t read any fault codes so I’m told by the main dealer of the trike. 

This is  about as much info as I have at the minute and I haven’t replaced any parts as I just don’t know where to start so any help would be hugely appreciated.  

apologies if I have started this topic in the wrong area I’m just new to all this 

Hi, 

Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor? There's special foam cleaner don't directly touch the sensor as there quite brittle and sensitive.

Also before doing that; where is the German language being displayed? 

If it's on a computer or phone: copy the text and paste it in to Google translate.

Alternatively download an app which converts language using the camera on your phone; assuming you have a smart phone. 

16 hours ago, BigLen said:

Hi, 

Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor? There's special foam cleaner don't directly touch the sensor as there quite brittle and sensitive.

Also before doing that; where is the German language being displayed? 

If it's on a computer or phone: copy the text and paste it in to Google translate.

Alternatively download an app which converts language using the camera on your phone; assuming you have a smart phone. 

Thanks for the advice! I will try and clean it first and see how I get on with that! The language is on the laptop but I have just downloaded an app to translate it for me 👌 

again thank you for your help! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club