Blatto

Sync 3 software update finally arrived.

Recommended Posts

I've had this Fiesta ST-Line X 140 for about 1 year now. I was informed there was an update available for the Sync 3 system so I tried downloading it via my w-fi connection.

After about 10 attempts at getting it to connect to my wi-fi I finally gave up as it just kept saying unable to connect. It showed as having 4 out of 5 bars on the strength meter and I could get my wi-fi on my phone whilst sat in the car. I kept trying on and off over the summer but no success.

Yesterday in a moment of boredom I suddenly had the bright idea of setting my phone up as a wi-fi hotspot.

It managed to connect to that and it started downloading the update. However it was really slow and I didn't know how big the download was so I disconnected it.

I tried one more time on my wi-fi and this time it magically connected.

Finally downloaded it today, left it on while I was washing the car, it took about 45 minutes.

Having done all that it restarted and I now have a different interface.

I have absolutely no Idea what benefits it has if any, but at least it finally updated 😁

So if you are having troubles connecting it to your wi-fi it might be worth a try connecting it via a phone hotspot first.

 

 

 

 

car s3 update.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much easier via USB download and you have a copy of software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure it probably is but I could never find out for sure which version I was supposed to download.

At least this way the system decides the one it needs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blatto said:

I've had this Fiesta ST-Line X 140 for about 1 year now. I was informed there was an update available for the Sync 3 system so I tried downloading it via my w-fi connection.

After about 10 attempts at getting it to connect to my wi-fi I finally gave up as it just kept saying unable to connect. It showed as having 4 out of 5 bars on the strength meter and I could get my wi-fi on my phone whilst sat in the car. I kept trying on and off over the summer but no success.

Yesterday in a moment of boredom I suddenly had the bright idea of setting my phone up as a wi-fi hotspot.

It managed to connect to that and it started downloading the update. However it was really slow and I didn't know how big the download was so I disconnected it.

I tried one more time on my wi-fi and this time it magically connected.

Finally downloaded it today, left it on while I was washing the car, it took about 45 minutes.

Having done all that it restarted and I now have a different interface.

I have absolutely no Idea what benefits it has if any, but at least it finally updated 😁

So if you are having troubles connecting it to your wi-fi it might be worth a try connecting it via a phone hotspot first.

 

 

 

 

car s3 update.jpg

Do you know what version you have updated to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be interesting to know if that is a flavour of Sync V3.4 as it has been said that Ford would not offer it as it needs to repartition the APIM. Those using the unofficial update are working 20196 at the moment which has a couple of minor bugs so it will be instructive to know if this is any good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, tomshepp said:

It would be interesting to know if that is a flavour of Sync V3.4

I'm not sure what version it is, just that it looked like a different interface. I'll try and remember to take a look tomorrow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah! so Ford are going to use the repartitioning tool on the Fiesta. Makes me feel better about the software I installed last week as I am still waiting for Ford to realise I don't need to install a half finished 0Mb install file having updated to 3.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tomshepp said:

Ah! so Ford are going to use the repartitioning tool on the Fiesta. Makes me feel better about the software I installed last week as I am still waiting for Ford to realise I don't need to install a half finished 0Mb install file having updated to 3.0.

No, cars with 3.0 won’t be offered 3.4. This update is for 3.2+ only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

No, cars with 3.0 won’t be offered 3.4. This update is for 3.2+ only. 

Any idea what it contains apart from a different looking interface, if anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why not as the hardware seems to be up to the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 7:37 PM, alexp999 said:

It will be 3.4.20136

You were correct .

Just seems like a UI update, not noticed any new features.

 

20201012_133717_LI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.