avlad

Stereo compatibility between different MK7 Fiestas

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and bought a 2009 Fiesta a month ago.

My stereo volume knob is not working properly, is lowering the volume regardless which direction I turn the knob. I don't know if it can be fixed or not, but I'm thinking of changing the stereo system all together as it does not have bluetooth. This is how my current one looks like.

493879376_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.ed5f7e2c915ffc03cb6da7b31431f970.jpg

I was wondering, can I replace it with another MK7 original stereo, with bluetooth, and have everything work properly? Such as the one below?

234886147__86.thumb.png.19e7af025e04b5cf765e69d36dd3ee0a.png

Thanks in advance :)

The bluetooth module is above the passenger footwell and not in the radio itself.

To fix the volume issue, you should only have to replace the fascia as the buttons/knobs are separate to the stereo unit itself.

I see! Therefore in order to add bluetooth to my car I only need to buy a module and fit it under the passenger footwell and change the fascia in order to have the phone connectivity button, or I need to do something else?

I found this module on ebay.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for the help, really appreciated 🙂

1 hour ago, avlad said:

I see! Therefore in order to add bluetooth to my car I only need to buy a module and fit it under the passenger footwell and change the fascia in order to have the phone connectivity button, or I need to do something else?

Sadly it's not that easy...

First thing's first, the picture you posted is of a SYNC module (basically fancy bluetooth) that is used on the facelift models. I've never seen anybody that has been able to fit that into a PFL model. 

You need the regular bluetooth module for the mk7 rather than SYNC. Then you also need the microphone, panel for the roof (which houses the mic), indicator stalk with voice button, the larger stereo screen, fascia with the extra channel buttons as you posted above, and wiring looms (this will be the hardest bit to get hold of).

Once you've fitted all that you need to activate it using Forscan.

I understand. I guess I will stick to an auxiliary bluetooth receiver, seem like too much work and money to be worth it for now haha ^^ The prices for these parts are very high heh.

Thanks a lot!