Do Not Sell My Personal Information

key detection.

anon

My car, early MK8 has been used for short runs recently. Over the last few days it has found the key hard to detect. The fobs still open and close everything ok but it needs them (I tried both and they have new batteries from a good source) close to the centre console tray in order to be seen. Low car battery or something more sinister?

The latter. I drove it forty miles but it is no better, in fact it seems to be getting worse. Time to check the warranty document.

• 2 months later...

The BCMI had failed, specifically, the entry module. I took it to the dealer on November 5 and after a couple of hours, they agreed  and agreed to order a new one. I have been waiting for them until Friday when I finally got through. Parts man not there, call Monday. Called this morning. They found the job sheet and confirmed the diagnosis. no idea about the part. I told them I would call back later. Five hours later, they cannot find any record of the job, their master technician cannot remember the job and the car will have to come back for diagnosis again. This will occur on Friday. I am assured that a new unit is available from stock. It would be nice to report in two weeks' time that it has all been repaired but I think their technician is a bit scared of programming the device. Should just be blowing the As Built file into it, shouldn't it?

55 minutes ago, anon said:

The BCMI had failed, specifically, the entry module. I took it to the dealer on November 5 and after a couple of hours, they agreed  and agreed to order a new one. I have been waiting for them until Friday when I finally got through. Parts man not there, call Monday. Called this morning. They found the job sheet and confirmed the diagnosis. no idea about the part. I told them I would call back later. Five hours later, they cannot find any record of the job, their master technician cannot remember the job and the car will have to come back for diagnosis again. This will occur on Friday. I am assured that a new unit is available from stock. It would be nice to report in two weeks' time that it has all been repaired but I think their technician is a bit scared of programming the device. Should just be blowing the As Built file into it, shouldn't it?

Unfortunately this is a fairly common story nowadays.

They will be glad to see the back of me if there are any more delays as I am nothing if not a real nuisance when I need to be.

On 1/18/2021 at 6:07 PM, anon said:

They will be glad to see the back of me if there are any more delays as I am nothing if not a real nuisance when I need to be.

Remember we are also still in a national lockdown and facing import issues due to Brexit so I would still expect some delay.... hassling the dealer / service could also lead to further delay.

Doing nothing for two months then pretending to lose the paperwork is inexcusable, lockdown or not.

By the time I arrived, they had found the paperwork and then they had to do the diagnostic again to be sure it was right while I waited. But I couldn't wait on the premises so I was made to wait in the cold out on the street for an hour and a half for something completely unnecessary. When I went in to collect the car I was told that it was the BCMI and that if Network Q did not pay for the diagnosis, I will have to.  If that happens, I shall be asking if that is for the first diagnostic where they lost the paperwork having been told at the outset what was wrong or the second because they didn't trust their first one and made me wait out in the cold for an hour and a half having wasted my time the first time? In the meantime, they will be "getting the ball rolling" and will call me when the part comes in. I shall be calling them on Wednesday, just to make sure that they do not forget I'm here.

• 5 weeks later...

New BCMI fitted two weeks ago. All fine except the stop start which has not worked since, despite my resetting the battery calibration.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club