Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modification ideas, help needed

JonnyCalland

Hey everyone,

I have a 2009 fiesta 1.6 titanium, I know it’s not incredible but I wanna make it look asthetically nice. I’m looking at putting alloys on and a new exhaust.

My current tyres are 16” but I wanna put 17” on, as I’ve found some I really like. Is that possible or would they be too big? Also any suggestion around the £400 range for gun metal/dark grey alloys?

I can’t really find too much exhaust information to be honest, so as much help as possible will be great. I want something to give it a bit of character but I don’t want it to be obnoxiously loud as it won’t suit the performance and I have fussy neighbours. My dad also thinks loud cars are for people with ASBO’s, so it would be better not to do his head in before I move out 😂

Also I have put LED lights in, however they’re connected to my cigarette lighter currently and that is always live so I have to unplug every time I get out. Any advice on this? Someone mentioned in another topic to splice it to the ignition, but I wanted them to come on when I unlock my car rather than every time I put the engine on?

Lastly my “parking” lights at the front, tend to flicker. I’ve changed the bulbs so it’s not them but it’s still flickering every now and again?

Thanks in advance 😊🏼

The 17" alloys from the Zetec-S are a popular one for people to fit. You usually find a set in gunmetal grey, although black is more popular. 

Personally I wouldn't touch the exhaust, you just end up making the car look and sound like something it isn't.

Wire the LED's to the interior light, then they go out when you turn the engine on as it can be quite distracting on a dark night (especially now it's nearing winter).

• 3 weeks later...

I second the led solution, the interior light would be best to wire them to or find a cheap rocker switch on the bay of E and wire them to that and you can either hide the switch somewhere, under the dash, in the glovebox etc or put it somewhere visible

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club