Fiesta 35

Fiesta Mk 6 Windscreen Plenum water leak

I have water leaking into the cam cover trough around the spark plugs when it rains. I have fitted and sealed around new screen washer jets but leak persists. Water seems to be oozing from between the top and bottom plenum panels after rain. Any advice please?

It's not coming off the road. When it's rained and I squeeze the front of the cowl panel  and cowl panel cover together where they are clipped, water oozes out from between the two.

I have removed a couple of the clips enough to see between the panel and cover and there appears to be a narrow sponge gasket between the two, which I presume might have perished. Local Ford dealer says he thinks sponge strip comes as part of the panel cover at £62 and I might need another panel at £70+. 

I havn't got cover so I am going to dry it out when rain stops and thinking of applying a thin layer of silicone sealant.

I have used this type of stuff successfully before on different cars. It comes in different thicknesses and with a single or double sticky side. eBay or a diy shop should have a selection.

Black Single Sided Adhesive Foam Tape Closed Cell Draught Excluder Door / Window | eBay