Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camera

Bobr

Does anyone know if it's possible to set up the view on the reversing camera so suit your own requirements?   When I go into reverse, mine always shows what looks like an area of paving slabs that I find quite off-putting and, although it is possible to switch the view, I'd like to get rid of it permanently.

Hi Bob,

I just had quick look through the manual, and there seems to be something called parking pilot, which can be disabled in settings, I didnt suggest where the settings menu is but would have thought the dash display being steering wheel accessed with steering wheel buttons, or if not there then sync 3 display settings.

Maybe parking pilot is what you are experiencing with the guides you see.

As I am fairly new to the Fiesta and not 100% sure the above is correct, just make sure you dont turn off any obstacle detect warning systems, as I'd hate it if you bumped your car as a result Bob

Must admit, had this on my last car Toyota CHR and I like it.

HTH

Steve

I don't think I have Sync 3 Steve.   I've been through the menu and can't find anything relating to the reversing camera.

is your camera ford OEM or an aftermarket one?

1 minute ago, Neb_engineer said:

is your camera ford OEM or an aftermarket one?

It came already built into the car Benjamin.   It's an April 2017 Titanium X.

do you know which sync version radio you have? Is it my ford touch?

Not absolutely sure Benjamin but I think it's Sync 1.   I had a 2013 Fiesta and another 2017 Fiesta before this one and it appears to be exactly the same.

It's coloured.   Would a picture help?

Bear with me and I'll go and sort one out.

The first one is as it first appears with the paving slabs.   The second is as I would like it to appear.

camera 1.jpg

camera 2.jpg

I don't think it is possible to remove the paving slabs permanently as they are the visual representations of what the parking sensors are seeing,and seeing as in my car that was only fitted with parking sensors from factory doesn't have the option and it has the same radio as yours sync 1.0 (the only difference between yours and mine is sync 1.1 just has a coloured screen)

12 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

I don't think it is possible to remove the paving slabs permanently as they are the visual representations of what the parking sensors are seeing,and seeing as in my car that was only fitted with parking sensors from factory doesn't have the option and it has the same radio as yours sync 1.0 (the only difference between yours and mine is sync 1.1 just has a coloured screen)

Many thanks for trying Benjamin.   I suppose I'll have to live with it then.

3 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

I see what you mean now Bob, yes those paving slabs would get on my nerves too, obscuring vision of the road surface

My thoughts entirely Steve.

Don't get slabs on a mrk 8 sync 3

Thinking back to my Mk7.5 Titanium X - the four “hot keys” on the Sony Audio adjust what is displayed.

With the reversing camera active press the third “hot key” ( going from left to right ) and it should toggle the guides / paving slabs off and on. 

6 minutes ago, Aldridge Andy said:

Thinking back to my Mk7.5 Titanium X - the four “hot keys” on the Sony Audio adjust what is displayed.

With the reversing camera active press the third “hot key” ( going from left to right ) and it should toggle the guides / paving slabs off and on. 

That' what I've been doing Andy.   I was just wondering if it could be set up permanently though.

Just now, Bobr said:

That' what I've been doing Andy.   I was just wondering if it could be set up permanently though.

I thought those settings “stuck” ... apologies 

Just now, Aldridge Andy said:

I thought those settings “stuck” ... apologies 

No need to apologise mate, I thought so too at first.   If I do it once then it does stick for some time.   However, it always reverts to normal after a time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club