Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Empty Light?

BenMK6

Hi there.

I have a MK6 Fiesta and I've never gone below the final 2 bars on the petrol gauge before I fill it up.

I was just wondering if I was to go past the final 2 bars would an empty light kick in or not?

Thanks in advance

Light comes on at the 50 mile to empty mark.

that can be changed on the mk6 though gaz? or am i making that up? :lol:

Tbh Stef, i have no idea :lol:

Maybe on the upper spec models it can. but with my Style I cant access a computer thingy :lol:

i was told that the light comes on amber then goes red then starts flashing when you have something like 10 mile of fuel left? i've had the amber light come on a few times but i'm too chicken see what happens if i ignore it.

Strange... I now have 1 tiny black bar left on the fuel gauge

What I'm trying to find out is, once this tiny bar runs out does the tank then go into the amber/empty mode?? Or will it just conk out :lol:

I am yet to see any other colour on the fuel gauge but black bars.. I haven't seen any warning lights or anything but.. I'm driving the Zetec model

Can you describe your gauge as it sounds like it is different from mine.

I have a white tab at Full, 3/4,1/2,1/4 and then a red tab for empty.

The petrol light comes on near to the final red tab.

Can you describe your gauge as it sounds like it is different from mine.

I have a white tab at Full, 3/4,1/2,1/4 and then a red tab for empty.

The petrol light comes on near to the final red tab.

I can see what is goin on here.The face lifed MK6 have the usual gague you get in all cars.The pre face lift MK6 has a digital bar system that shows as black blocks when full and outlined blocks when empty.I have had both types.When my petrol light comes on in the face lift version I go to the message centre and scroll to miles to empty so I know I still have plenty to get me home.

Ah thanks for clearing that up mate, and yeah Gaz, very similar to a mobile phone in that respect.

Looks like the facelift model is quite abit better, I thought the differences were just cosmetic, nevermind :)

cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club