Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Converting Rear Drums To Discs On A Mk7

eagle_gr

I have been searching the net for quite a long time to figure out a way to do this but i think i found something:

In the fiesta R2 website you can buy nearly anything that the rally car has:

Suspension

Brakes

Engine parts

The parts order form is here

I dont know which parts exactly we will need ( i have already sent an email , no responce yet ) but maybe it is possible! :rolleyes:

Would be sweet

Just seems like a whole lot of work..

where did you find the pic?!! :o

yeap it looks like it...and also i see a 5 bolt pattern....we will have to change the rims and the front brakes in order to change the bolt pattern.. :(

i'm converting the rear brakes on my mk6 fiesta from drum to disc and i'm just using used focus parts. if you are willing to splash out get the rear brake set up off a mk6 facelift fiesta st because i think the hubs should bolt on.

i'm converting the rear brakes on my mk6 fiesta from drum to disc and i'm just using used focus parts. if you are willing to splash out get the rear brake set up off a mk6 facelift fiesta st because i think the hubs should bolt on.

are you sure? :unsure:

i dont think that the st hubs would fit...

it should fit if ford has used the same back axle and drum set-up off the mk6. If you look at the back of the drum where it bolts onto the axle there should be 4 bolts if you measure the distance between the centre of the bolts i'll comepare it to the hubs on my mk6.

• 2 weeks later...

no news?...

i have sent 2 email to fiestar2 asking about the conversion but still nothing! :angry:

no news?...

i have sent 2 email to fiestar2 asking about the conversion but still nothing! :angry:

if its news regarding the mk6 fiesta or focus discs fitting a fiesta, they wont (as far as im aware)

is there any need to bother with getting the conversion from there? seems way too pricey.

you can use the ST150 rear beam for sure, that'd be a far cheaper option?

is there any need to bother with getting the conversion from there? seems way too pricey.

i know its pricey but its the only one that we know it works 100% (its a rally car after all ;)

)

you can use the ST150 rear beam for sure, that'd be a far cheaper option?

i dont think the rear beam from an st fits....are you sure? :huh:

i know its pricey but its the only one that we know it works 100% (its a rally car after all wink.gif

)

i dont think the rear beam from an st fits....are you sure? huh.gif

YES!!! there's a thread on UKFN for sure i remember reading it.

I will have a look for you and link you to the post, the guy who confirmed it is a ford mechanic so can't be far wrong!!

and i think.. don't quote me but you might have to upgrade the fronts if you go ST as the rears are supposed to be smaller in diameter than the fronts.. now i'm sure this is true and the mk7 fronts are pretty puny after all :)

As already stated the mk7 shares the same rear beam as the mk6, so an mk6 ST rear beam would work alternatively Pumaspeed do a rear disc conversion for the mk6 ZS at £400 which should work, however, the only problem I can see with using the mk6 set up is the handbrake cable(ie is it the right length to be used on the mk7?).

So what needs to happen is buy fiesta st rear beam, and then connect up hand brake cable and brake lines??? Would it be ok to swap the brake line from drum to disk? Or is more needed as never gone in to this sort of thing?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club