Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuse box help...confused! :/

Tres
聽Share

Hi all.

Ok so I have a fiesta .. I don't know what mark it is... Vehicle checker says Mk7 but read elsewhere Mk6. Anyway it's聽 SEP 2008 . 58 plate 1.2 zetec. FY58NNK.

When I Google for fuse maps I end up confused and getting about 3 different types with different info

I need to check and replace fuses for the following -

OBD port next to steering wheel as my AA smart device doesn't work and this is the second one. So it's a problem with the car.

Fuses for the cigarette lighter, aux port and the fuses that control the clock and mileage as both reset every time engine turned off (overall mileage keeps correct tho just the miles since reset resets itself every time engine off and clock goes to 1900hrs

please help a lady out I'm at my wit's end googling 馃檪

thank you聽

Fuses for the cigarette lighter, aux port and the fuses that control the clock and mileage as both reset every time engine turned off (overall mileage keeps correct tho just the miles since reset resets itself every time engine off and clock goes to 1900hrs

This wont be a blown fuse otherwise they wouldn't work at all - more likely to be either the battery getting low (try charging it) or needing a software update (check Ford website to see if 1 is available)

This site shows the fusebox location - https://fuse-box.info/ford/ford-fiesta-2002-2008-fuses-and-relays

• Like 1

2008 was the changeover year from the mk6 to the mk7. They look like to completely different cars, it's pretty easy to tell the difference if you google image search "mk6 Fiesta" then "mk7 fiesta".

Oh I've just seen you've added the reg, it looks like you have a mk7.

You actually need these fusebox diagrams for the mk7.聽https://www.autogenius.info/ford-fiesta-mk6-2008-2017-fuse-box-diagram/

• Like 1

well actually she has the MK7 pre face lift sometimes called the MK6 facelift

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

well actually she has the MK7 pre face lift sometimes called the MK6 facelift

If the mk7 pre-facelift is also known as the mk6 facelift,聽whats the mk7.5 (mk7 facelift)聽also known as? The mk6 facelift facelift?

• Confused 1

the mk7.5 is also known as the mk7 facelift (don't ask me why, the model MK numbers got a little mucked up a while back

Damn. Just ordered about 100 fuses 馃ぃ. Oh well at least I can check the cigarette lighter and aux port ... Pretty sure a drink was spilled around them at some point so...

As for the clock and mileage it's odd. It worked until my car died a couple of years ago. I had RAC out.. auto elec also it was suggested it was a key fault... None had a clue and it was ready for scrapping. Came on here then a site where I paid 拢5 for expert advice. Was a fuse ... (One of the ones under bonnet). Don't remember which was but when the car started after weeks of not months of doing absoltely nothing I was ecstatic... But that's when the problem with the clock and mileage began. I can deal with it but need to sell and get a 7 seater soon so wanted as many things sorted as possible for the next owner.

Re: the Mk6/7 debate my head started to hurt. It's the shape that began in 2008 but I have seen it referred to as both. 馃檪

I'll try the soft ware update thingy...

I hope that it is just a fuse that is blown for the obd port... Otherwise my AA smart breakdown device is totally useless. No idea what the problem with it is as obviously I have never personally had to use it for anything else. X

14 hours ago, robbyvrs said:

This wont be a blown fuse otherwise they wouldn't work at all - more likely to be either the battery getting low (try charging it) or needing a software update (check Ford website to see if 1 is available)

This site shows the fusebox location - https://fuse-box.info/ford/ford-fiesta-2002-2008-fuses-and-relays

Stupid question alert... How the hell do you software update a car... 馃槵馃ぃ. Also.. it only happened after a problem with my car (see my last post on the thread before this). Is that any help?聽

To add... It had a brand new battery during the time it was 'broken'.聽

I wish I could remember what was actually up with it but memory fails me. It hadn't been used a while wouldn't start not even tick over. Tried to jump no joy. Got new battery still no joy. I think it turned out that at some point during trying to jump start it it had blown a fuse under the bonnet . Replaced and it's worked since. Apart from the damn clock and short term mileage. And j am not sure if the obd port worked before that or if it's even linked.聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club