Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Recommended Posts

Morning all, quick question, has anyone any suggestions/links to get a selection of (2008) Fiesta fuses please. The Fiesta from memory has 'small' fuses, whereas the fuses I have to hand are larger? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I went to a scrappy, I got a load. Free !

As an aside, if you have a Sierra, after market fuses are too tall, so you need Ford fuses, only trouble is not many Sierras in Scrappies any longer !

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Paulkp said:

Last time I went to a scrappy, I got a load. Free !

As an aside, if you have a Sierra, after market fuses are too tall, so you need Ford fuses, only trouble is not many Sierras in Scrappies any longer !

 

I know! but with all the social distancing, Covid rules, no go at the moment, so looking for an Ebay link or similar that someone has used. Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Check the exact fuse sizes you need first, there's quite a few to choose from :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse_(automotive)?utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals

Then either loads of choices on ebay or order online from Halfords.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget there is a decal on the back of the glove box listing all the fuse positions and ratings.

This is from a 2007 1.6 petrol Zetec S. 

 

Decal.jpg

 

There are additional fuses in the engine compartment, but these are higher ratings

 

ford-fiesta-fuse-box-diagram-engine-compartment-2002.jpg

Fuses 4.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Waggy said:

Check the exact fuse sizes you need first, there's quite a few to choose from :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse_(automotive)?utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals

Then either loads of choices on ebay or order online from Halfords.

Hi, thanks. The fuses come in 6 sizes, ranging from Mico2 to Maxi. I guess my question is, which are the fuses in the Fiesta (1.25 2008). The car, at the moment, is remote from me (my son's girlfriends car now) about 200 miles away, so want to get some fuses for the next time I am allowed to visit. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That does make it a bit more difficult! I'd have to guess at a combination of mini, regular and the odd maxi, but there might also be larger ratings in various shapes and sizes. The next question is which fuse is going to blow? Don't try and answer that one. One of the first things I do when I get a new car is stock up with a selection of fuses. It's not as easy as it sounds as you are finding out. But in over 50 years of driving I've never had a fuse blow yet! I suspect that if a fuse does blow, it means you have a genuine fault on the circuit it feeds, so a new fuse will be the least of your worries. Perhaps something not to get too hung up about?

Don't forget that if a fuse does blow just because of "old age", with a bit of ingenuity you can usually swap it for one of the others of the same rating which you could do without until you stock up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It begs the question as to whether spare fuses are any use at all? If a fuse blows it's either because of a fault on the circuit, in which case no end of spare fuses will cure the problem, or the fuse dies of "old age", in which case you could just replace it either with another of the same rating or higher, or even just a wire link until you get home (after testing the circuit with another fuse of course). So is carrying spare fuses actually any use at all?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, willowbob said:

Thanks Bob, just ordered some now, at that price worth carrying, might just get you out of a fix in time to diagnose why it blew.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Waggy said:

It begs the question as to whether spare fuses are any use at all? If a fuse blows it's either because of a fault on the circuit, in which case no end of spare fuses will cure the problem, or the fuse dies of "old age", in which case you could just replace it either with another of the same rating or higher, or even just a wire link until you get home (after testing the circuit with another fuse of course). So is carrying spare fuses actually any use at all?

Good debating point; I do think there is an element of old age, vibration, potholes etc., which does fatigue the fuses over time, but, I agree with you that generally, there may be an underlying issue which causes a fuse to go that may well need further investigation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership