Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Titanium 2011 intermittent Battery Drain Audio system/Bluetooth

owenw89

Hello, I've recently been having a problem with my *secondhand ford fiesta and was hoping to get some help with solving an issue I've been having. The issue I've been having is parasitic battery drain when the car is 'asleep'. I've tested the (brand new after having it replaced after first encountering the problem) car battery with a multimeter and found that the car when asleep has an intermittent drain of 0.22-1.5amps which fluctuates every 30seconds. I've gone through the fuses and isolated it to a fuse controlling the 'Audio system & Bluetooth' as pulling out that fuse puts the drain on the battery to an acceptable constant 0.08amps however I cannot work out a fix. At the moment I'm removing the fuse every time I leave the car which is less than ideal. If anyone has any insight or has encountered this problem before any help would be greatly appreciated. What I've tried so far is updating the firmware using a USB which unfortunately didn't help with the drain. From what I've read online I believe it to be the bluetooth still being active and trying to search for a connection every 30 seconds due to the fluctuation in amps when the car is 'asleep.. but I'm unsure of how to rectify this.

Thanks in advance from a bloke tired of troubleshooting!

Unplug the bluetooth module which is behind the glovebox (access from above the passenger footwell, the module is attached to the panel that drops down) and see if the drain goes away.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, I've done as you said and disconnecting the bluetooth module did drop the drain to a constant 0.22! Would you advise replacing the unit? Interestingly when plugging the unit back in the draw is still a constant 0.4 and only reverts to the previous drain when I 'pair' my phone to car again.. very odd

21 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Unplug the Bluetooth module which is behind the glovebox (access from above the passenger footwell, the module is attached to the panel that drops down) and see if the drain goes away.

Thanks for the reply, I've done as you said and disconnecting the bluetooth module did drop the drain to a constant 0.22! Would you advise replacing the unit? Interestingly when plugging the unit back in the draw is still a constant 0.4 and only reverts to the previous drain when I 'pair' my phone to car again.. very odd

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club