Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slippy foot pedals...

My car (Mk2 2005) has now covered 100,000 miles. I have noticed that sometimes my feet, especially when wet, can slip off the pedals which isn't ideal. Yes, I could just replace covers with standard Ford ones, but are there any after market ones folk would recommend? Did a quick search on Ebay and there are over 30,000 listing for 'pedals' so was hoping to narrow it down a bit. 'No drilling' would be ideal, but if necessary, I do have a drill LOL

Mines are terrible dunno if they originally came like it in factory but they are metal type ones with no rubber if my feet get wet my foot can end up way at the top of the pedal sometimes it's scary. For the bad weather you can buy grip tape. Take off your rubbers and use them as template to cut it and degrease the pedals and stick it on. Then you can revert back to original any time.Β 

image.png.29bc4193565c3de32d5c21c1c231ebb7.png

Well, I was expecting a flurry of boy racer suggestions of Sparco/Momo pedals etc but not a one 😞 So went with the suggestion of simple 'grip tape'. No idea how durable it will be but bought a 5m roll so have enough for about 10 replacements!

2061954322_slippygrippycomparison.thumb.jpg.a024d347ebb1083f3c92fd4fd5ed7f24.jpg

7 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Well, I was expecting a flurry of boy racer suggestions of Sparco/Momo pedals etc but not a one 😞 So went with the suggestion of simple 'grip tape'. No idea how durable it will be but bought a 5m roll so have enough for about 10 replacements!

2061954322_slippygrippycomparison.thumb.jpg.a024d347ebb1083f3c92fd4fd5ed7f24.jpg

Let me know how it holds up may try it myself sick of slipping.Β 

9 hours ago, Morty1977 said:

You could always stick some to a pair of trainers and use them as driving shoes???πŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ‘

Aahhh, you assume I own a pair of 'trainers' LOL (I don't!) 😁

On 2/28/2021 at 9:13 PM, F0CUE said:

Let me know how it holds up may try it myself sick of slipping.Β 

Well, after a few 100 miles, I can report that they definitely work! It feels a very solid grip on your feet. However, the accelerator takes a day of getting use to. Primarily because on this pedal, you pivot the action round your heel which is planted on the floor. This means the pedal naturally slides on the sole of your shoe. With the additional grip, it still slides, but just feels odd. I'm use to it now, but if you do use grip tape, you probably only need it onΒ  clutch & brake...

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Well, after a few 100 miles, I can report that they definitely work! It feels a very solid grip on your feet. However, the accelerator takes a day of getting use to. Primarily because on this pedal, you pivot the action round your heel which is planted on the floor. This means the pedal naturally slides on the sole of your shoe. With the additional grip, it still slides, but just feels odd. I'm use to it now, but if you do use grip tape, you probably only need it onΒ  clutch & brake...

Thanks for the update. Yeh the clutch is the worst one for it to happen.Β