Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit heated seats

Tozzza

Hi all

Im about to fit heated seat elements (bought from ebay) and just wondering before i take out the seats do i need to unconnect the battery due to the seats having air bags  in them. Any help much appreciated  thank you. 

I think you need to disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes before having anything to do with airbags.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Can any1 advise me where my nearest ignition live is please nearest to centre console as poss , its to connect the heated seats up . I have a mk7.5 fiesta zetec s. 

Thanks very much.x

Behind your radio there will be a switch live can tap into it for amps , omex , pretty much anything you want to work from turning on the ignition and switching off when the key is out of the ignition. A would use a fuse tho for a circuit braker incase anything go’s wrong

• 4 weeks later...

Hi chaz84

The ignition live u mentioned, is it actually going into the back of my radio and do u know what colour it mite be . Thank you very much .x

It's probably easier just to tap off the fusebox using a piggy back. At least then you can fuse it separately to the other circuits and the fusebox isn't much further than the stereo.

Hi luke4efc

Any chance u can advise me wich fuse location to use . Thanks very much. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club