Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Lights In A Zs?

Jason Tierney

Theres alot of talk about footwell lights in the Zetec S. Some peoples cars apparantly dont have them, some do.

Anyway, ive just had a look in mine, and couldnt find any, but thanfully someone(I think It was rouge shadow) showed me some pictures.

so, ive just been and low and behold they are there. My car is a 2010 built in Febuary in Germany.

Heres the result With my old ford sidelights.

080520101706.jpg

080520101708.jpg

Also, for anyone looking for information on where exactly the holders are, here is a video. In fairness I should of proberly turned the lights off ( note to health and saftey, I am not responsible for any car related electric shock)

Sorry for the rought videoing, It was more for the light than actully a how to guide, but guessed some may find it useful.

th_08052010128.jpg

Thanks

Jay

Yes it was meeee

Mine was a 10 plate and had the bulb holder and wiring in place :)

Simples

change them too red!!!! muha :) i fell in love with it, ended up putting red led's in the back too being the idiot i am :)

..side track question, but f the lights are just normal, is it easy to swap out the bulbs for the red ones?

..side track question, but f the lights are just normal, is it easy to swap out the bulbs for the red ones?

I swapped the bulbs in mine for red ones. If you look just under the trim in the footwell you will see the bulbs. Assuming they are the same as mine (mine is 58 reg) then you simply pull them out and insert the new ones, new screws to undo or anything.

The ones I bought are below:

Red Footwell Bulbs

I will take some pics and post up tonight when it gets dark if you want?

That looks great fella. I had the footwell lights as standard on my Titanium/Zetec S mixed MK7, but they are a horrid yellow light colour. Just out of interest, what type of bulbs did you use as your footwells look great, a nice crisp white.

Again, that looks tops!

Trust me, that cameras lieing, Its just yellow like standard sidelights. But I would recommend this guy from eBay, Ive bought alot of bulbs and never had any problems. Takes a while to delvier though. various shapes, sizes and colours.

I think im going to buy some bright white ones just like my sidelights in my car now.

I swapped the bulbs in mine for red ones. If you look just under the trim in the footwell you will see the bulbs. Assuming they are the same as mine (mine is 58 reg) then you simply pull them out and insert the new ones, new screws to undo or anything.

The ones I bought are below:

Red Footwell Bulbs

I will take some pics and post up tonight when it gets dark if you want?

Would be cool to see them with those bulbs if its no probs, for the sake of a few £'s might give it a bash, changed every other frigging bulb on it! lol

Ive just bought some White ones and some UV Blue ones :) Could be fun

Will have to wait and see

Would be cool to see them with those bulbs if its no probs, for the sake of a few £'s might give it a bash, changed every other frigging bulb on it! lol

As promised here are the pics, one of the footwell and one of the bulb. As you can see it is not covered, you simply pull it out. The footwell pic has come out brighter than they are but you get the idea.

dsc00095jg.jpg

dsc00097p.jpg

i have white lights fitted in mine as standard. a question. is there a way to get the lights to come on with you headlights/sidelights. mine are only on when i unlock the car. as soon as i start the engine they go off. is this the same for every1

Im awaiting delivery of my new 10 plate Fiesta Zetec, will it be possible/easy to fit these in mine or may they even already be there?

As promised here are the pics, one of the footwell and one of the bulb. As you can see it is not covered, you simply pull it out. The footwell pic has come out brighter than they are but you get the idea.

dsc00095jg.jpg

dsc00097p.jpg

Thts qiality mate thanks very much, looks like ill be ordering a pair, they look quite orangy their, is that the camera again or do they appear darker than that1?

Thts qiality mate thanks very much, looks like ill be ordering a pair, they look quite orangy their, is that the camera again or do they appear darker than that1?

that will be the camera they do that on all of them... if you can get a cluster of 12 led's in 1 off eBay.... i did that they was a couple of quid and are awesome

that will be the camera they do that on all of them... if you can get a cluster of 12 led's in 1 off ebay.... i did that they was a couple of quid and are awesome

It is a mixture of both the camera and that it was not totally dark outside. When it is pitch black they are definitely more red but yeah they still have a bit of an orangey glow.

Im awaiting delivery of my new 10 plate Fiesta Zetec, will it be possible/easy to fit these in mine or may they even already be there?

we have just got a new Zetec and they are fitted to it

Trust me, that cameras lieing, Its just yellow like standard sidelights. But I would recommend this guy from ebay, Ive bought alot of bulbs and never had any problems. Takes a while to delvier though. various shapes, sizes and colours.

I think im going to buy some bright white ones just like my sidelights in my car now.

Fully back up this recommendation. Wait 10-14 days and you will get the bulbs, cheap bulbs, cheap postage and the brightest bulbs I could find.

Fully back up this recommendation. Wait 10-14 days and you will get the bulbs, cheap bulbs, cheap postage and the brightest bulbs I could find.

Same recommendation for this seller from me too. :D

Ok, so ive just bought some white LED and some UV Blue ones (could be fun) From seller, I requsted total as I dont wana pay postage twice and he said I have to as there in different currencys.

Im not having that so im going to just ask him to give me a figure in Pounds or Euros or aus dollers that he wants il pay pal it to him and he can mark the items as payment sent

I know its only a few quid but its not the point.

I've only just today bought a pair of 12 LED red footwell bulbs for my Fiesta off eBay. £2.99 and a quid for shipping.

is there a way to keep the lights on all the time. or when i turn the headlights on . so they are on while driving. mine switch of when the engine starts

You mind reader you!

I was just about to post that as I think they would look ace on all the time, if possible.

is there a way to keep the lights on all the time. or when i turn the headlights on . so they are on while driving. mine switch of when the engine starts

is that like legal?? and yeh you can actually... god knows how but you can, when i have wired up the rear footwell lights, when you pull the cable the front lights come on so the power is always onto them

and for people getting footwell lights, if you want i will take a picture with one side blue and one side red, i think red looks 1000000000000 times better, well if you have the ambient lighting kit it does cos the dash all read

Just had alook at mine and i haven't got any bulb holders or nothing just holes where they should be :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club